<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Which is it?

June 15 2017 at 5:09 PM
Kris  (no login)

Hi Fellow Collectors,

So if these fools are going to "tamper" with the relics we collect, you would think they would be do their homework. Check out these leg irons on Ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/antique-leg-shackles-/222534444874?hash=item33d016274a:g:V8oAAOSw1BlZQBK8

So are they Hiatt or Providence Tool Co? It looks like Hiatt to me. Why someone would stamp "Prov Tool Co" on a pair of Hiatts is beyond me.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kris
(no login)

Re: Which is it?

June 15 2017, 5:12 PM 

After I took a second glance, it appears they are both...Not tampered with(stamping) at all, but rather the tamper lies in the chain somewhere as it's a Hiatt connected to a Providence Tool shackle.

Not worth $250.00 that's for sure...

Joseph Lauher
(Premier Login lauher)
Owner

June 15 2017, 6:38 PM 

I think it was likely a legit repair job, making one good leg iron out of two halves. It is sort of neat. Not sure if it is $250 neat though.
Joe

Anonymous
(no login)

June 15 2017, 7:30 PM 

At least the seller appears to be honest about what he's trying to sell .......

DJ-halfdead
(Login djhalfdead)

June 15 2017, 8:37 PM 

I also, believe it is a legit "prison" repair job. I thought it was a cool piece, but over priced. I had contemplated grabbing it, but there have been some other nice pieces come to market lately that took my money, for now. Just wasnt in the cards at their asking price.
-Richard Knip-

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index