<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What key type would a Rivolier double lock use (to order a duplicate)

July 16 2017 at 8:59 AM
sbd  (Login silentbd)

I have my eye on a pair of Rivolier handcuffs with tumbler locks on the double lock. But I would like, ideally, to take the key to a key cutting place or go to one of those online places where you tell them what kind of key it is and the markings etc and they make you a duplicate. Assuming I go ahead and get the cuffs, I would like to get 2 extra keys cut but I have no idea of what the kind of key would be to tell a person or site what it is I need. I am in the UK so I would need to obtain them from here or europe and hopefully not cost the earth.

Can anyone help with the details? Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Peter
(Login CuffmanBelgium)

key

July 16 2017, 10:53 AM 

Which number is it?

Peter

sbd
(Login silentbd)

Re: What key type would a Rivolier double lock use (to order a duplicate)

July 16 2017, 11:12 AM 

I do not have them yet, I have to wait till I get paid to order them. But I am just wondering if there is a particular brand or model of key, since most companies that use locks in things tend to not "invent" their own lock, they use standard locks. So I have to believe that there is somewhere known, "They use the same key blank as this ____" or something I can explain to a key cutting site or what ever. I am just not sure.

Peter
(Login CuffmanBelgium)

key

July 16 2017, 11:39 AM 

Try a search for 'Rivolier' on this forum. It might help.
Peter

sbd
(Login silentbd)

July 16 2017, 12:46 PM 

Thanks. It is a big of a pain on this site to search though clicking each, message, individually, then waiting for the next message to load up. I believe I found what I was looking for. Thank you. Now I just must find somewhere in England to purchase these key blanks so I can hopefully file my own duplicate(s) when I get the cuffs.

Tremex
(no login)

July 16 2017, 4:41 PM 

I ordered copies of the keys for tumbler locks in a local locksmith in France a few years ago. They are based on common keys blanks, and easy to made if you already have an available original key.
The round key is actually restricted, but buyable on some websites as cuffsland (just bought some of these).

If you don't own a key, the easiest method is to ask for another cuffs collector, by hoping he would have the good number !

P.S.: I'm looking for a S37 key, if anyone own this...

sbd
(Login silentbd)

July 16 2017, 5:20 PM 

Thanks. I do intend on buying some extra of their standard keys for the single lock also. I am actually quite annoyed at companies like this and ASP who only supply a single key, especially with this company that has large non-standard keys. In my opinion, 2 keys only to operate a lock are not enough, 3 should be minimum so you have 1 spare and 2 for use. So having a single key only is an absolute joke and an insult in my opinion.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index