<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

"Super High" Handcuffs from Thailand

August 4 2017 at 2:25 PM
Sam  (no login)

Hi guys , I have a "Super High" brand of handcuffs which seems to be made in thailand , however I no longer have the key with me anymore and I cannot seem to find any similar keys that is able to unlock that type of lock for this handcuffs. It is a pinwheel type ratchet and it does not seem like the universal type of keyhole instead it seems to be a non-standard type keyhole. Is there anyone that can either tell me if there is somewhere else selling an extra keys for this or do I have to make one for it ? If I do have to make one for it, would it be possible to give me a rough guide on how to do it? The attached link is an image of the cuffs which I am referring to: [linked image]

Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
SBD
(Login silentbd)

Re: "Super High" Handcuffs from Thailand

August 4 2017, 4:12 PM 

If you fold a paperclip close together and bend that into an L shape with the bottom of the L only sticking far enough out to reach from the circle part into the opening down a the bottom of the cuff, then turn clockwise. I would bet it would open. As for making a legitimate key, you would need some metal and a hacksaw to cut parts out and a file to smooth things down.

Reminds me of some Russian keyways.
[linked image]

The above are in eBay somewhere. I have seen them in the UK.

Rasberius
(no login)

August 4 2017, 4:42 PM 

This type of keyholes are familiar for old French and some Spain Alcyon handcuffs
https://www.blacksteel.com/hcs/pictures/LaMassenotteClosed.jpg
[linked image]

Tremex
(no login)

August 4 2017, 5:17 PM 

But "Star" cuffs or Massenotte are usually "two-pawled" cuffs (as high-security ASP), and need a forked key.

Maybe keys for briefcases' locks could work ?

Man with no name
(no login)

August 4 2017, 9:32 PM 

Sam,

I suggest that you read the following ( rather old ) thread from 2005:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/261154/thread/1117267081/Thailand+handcuffs

Maybe "asiancuffs" can help too, should they drop by your thread! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index