<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Badge Show

August 21 2017 at 8:47 AM
Mark Lyons  (no login)

It had been some time since I went to a badge show but I went to one a block away from where we attended the Cannon Conventions and happened upon some nice cuffs. Lots and lots of badge collectors but I may have been the most advanced cuff collector there as the cuffs were not gobbled up before I got to the table towards the end of the show.
I spotted a nice Lilly at the very last table at the venue and also got a beautiful 1st model Marlin as well as a very nice Tower Single Lock.

The Lilly has the most plating that I have ever seen. I was fortunate enough to get all 3 items for a reasonable price.

The engraved Pratts was very nice to see and I don't recall ever seeing one engraved even though the surface of a model 1 Pratt is probably the most ideal model handcuff for engraving.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I now have 4 Lilly's but these are all different sizes. The new one has the smallest wrist size that I have ever seen.
[linked image]

The seller also gave me a book that he put together with information that he collected which pertains to the Lilly.
He had this colorized pic of Powell and many pics before and after the hangings of the Lincoln conspirators, which I have never seen before.
[linked image]

Mark
O--O

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Martin
(Login k20-on-tec)

Re: Badge Show

August 21 2017, 2:24 PM 

Sounds like it was a good show and that board looks awesome. Going to have to see if we have any shows like this in the uk te only shame will be it will not be full of american stuff. Good to know them cuffs have anded up in the right hands and will be looked after.

Mark Lyons
(no login)

August 21 2017, 2:53 PM 

Thanks for the kind words.

Come to the Handcuff show in Germany. There will be great stuff from all over the world there.
Are you looking for any American cuffs in particular?
I might be able to help in making it happen.

Mark
O--O

Martin
(Login k20-on-tec)

August 21 2017, 5:06 PM 

Cant make it to the show which is a shame looks like its shaping up to be a good one. Cuffs im looking for are what you guys would class as a easy find i guess but here come up few and far between. So ones from old west throught to ww2 time towers , beans , harvard , early peerless. Im also after the 2 handcuff anuals and the darby handcuff book arioch showed in one of his videos i think was done by joe if anyone could help with them. Many thanks

Spencer
(no login)

August 22 2017, 12:01 PM 

Mark....very well done, those are great finds. Once again you have slain the dragon.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index