<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

European Handcuff Convention last weekend

October 21 2017 at 9:52 AM
Klaus  (no login)

6gphkh9v.jpg

Hello,

Every participant of the European Handcuff Convention 2017 last weekend has told me that he loved to attend. With accommodation, restaurant and convention room all close to each other in Gutshof Herborn meant that there was ample opportunity for discussions and conversations.

The convention itself: lots of tables with handcuffs on top, knowledgeable people standing around, and in the end four topical presentations. Further details on thehttp://www.haelden.de/ehc2017.html web page.

The general mood was to have another convention in Herborn in two years time.

Make sure I have your email address so you are in the information loop for such upcoming EHC. Details on the web page.

Best regards
Klaus

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Chris Gower
(no login)

EHC

October 23 2017, 5:07 PM 

Many thanks Klaus for organising the Convention. Jenny and I really enjoyed the event, the location was excellent and the staff were very friendly.
It was great to meet up with so many collectors and friends that I had not seen for several years, the talks were very well presented and overall I really enjoyed the event. Once again thanks for all you efforts and I look forward to the next one in 2019!!
Chris

Nils
(no login)

Re: European Handcuff Convention last weekend

October 26 2017, 12:14 PM 

How about you post some photos? Sorry I couldn't make it, we were at a wedding. Hope you guys had a good time.

Martin (Stuttgart)
(no login)

handcuff patent

November 14 2017, 2:25 PM 

Dear handcuff-collectors!
I am Martin from Stuttgart in Germany and I was an attendee of the EHC where I introduced a new handcuff pattern which is independent of the swing-through-design.
Again, two bows are moving against each other for diminishing the enclosed area, but the shape of these area always will remain the same in every size. Also the distance of the cuffs is deminished step by step.
I would like to let you know that today the application for patent was submitted after some improvements and amendments concerning style and form required by the office had been done.
For further steps I am going to cooperate with an engeneer office.
Thank you.
Best regards
Martin

mike_p
(no login)

November 14 2017, 9:54 PM 

@Martin
What problem does this design solve? What is its unique selling point?

Phil
(no login)

November 14 2017, 10:45 PM 

is the internal shape circular or slightly oval? for the cost of the patent, I cannot see you getting your money back. if the cuff has a universal key it is not secure but if it doesn't then it won't be used in some countries.

Martin (Stuttgart)
(no login)

November 15 2017, 4:35 AM 

(corr: "the shape of THIS area" or "the shape of these areaS")

Mike: Common handcuffs feature different shapes in different locking positions and the angle between the main diameters of both cuffs changes. The largest cuff looks like a "kidney" due to its protruding axis, the smalles cuff looks like a "lense" especially when the last locking position is exceeded. The distance between both cuffs of course remains the same. Therefore a large person's hands stay quite close together while a small person's hands stay quite far from each other compared to the person's size. None of these "disadvantages" will appear with my design.

Phil: The shape is a slight "oval" one consisting of two identical solid bows moving against each other. Two slight corners remain between the bows. This shape and the main angle between both cuffs remain the same while the distance reduces according to the size of the cuffs.

Phil
(no login)

November 15 2017, 7:36 AM 

thank you, a very concise explanation. It will be good to see how you have achieved this.

Martin (Stuttgart)
(no login)

November 16 2017, 6:54 PM 

The inner edge of each cuff is increasingly curved, with the result that smaller radii are active with increasingly smaller adjustments. The correct distance of the cuffs is adjusted by a "gearing".

Chris Gower
(no login)

New Patent

November 18 2017, 2:32 PM 

It was great to attend the Convention in Germany and catch up with other collectors. Martin I enjoyed your presentation and understand the interesting concept. It is very difficult to try to explain this without diagrams etc. I wish you the very best of luck with the development and look forward to seeing the prototypes.
Chris

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index