<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tower Copy?

November 14 2017 at 8:41 PM
DJ halfdead  (Login djhalfdead)

Ok, so I dont have these yet. They will be here by the beginning of next week. They have no key, so Im not sure if a Balco or a regular Tower key will work? I have a pair of Tower L.I. Copies and they use a Balco key. A regular Tower key wont fit. Does anyone have anything similar to these? I have never seen a lock quite angled like this one. I have seen ones that have the perfectly sideways lock, but this one looks to be canted a bit more. Does anyone know anything on these? Where they were made? When? and who made them? Give it a lil bit for Joe to get the pics put up. Thanks for any info you guys can help with. Im looking forward to getting these!
-Richard Knip-

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
no key
(no login)

Re: Tower Copy?

November 14 2017, 9:15 PM 

when you say the key doesn't fit, which part, outside diameter, hole in barrel too small, height, length or thickness of the bitt?

key doesn't go it?

key goes in but doesn't turn?

DJ halfdead
(Login djhalfdead)

November 14 2017, 9:29 PM 

I can only answer as to why the L.I. key doesnt fit, as I dont have the handcuffs yet. I just arranged for the purchase today and they will be in shipping tomorrow. My Imitation Leg Irons have a chain similar to what is on the Imitation Tower Leg Irons from Stan's Collection CD-Rom. The regular leg iron key is just a hair to small for the barrel to slide over the post. So, a regular leg iron key will not fit at all. The Balco keys are just a tiny bit larger and will slide over the post and the bit will turn and unlock the cuff. I am guessing that the Tower Imitation Handcuffs may be the same way? That was a question I was hoping someone could answer before I get them in hand. Either way, I have a Balco key and a regular Tower handcuff key to try. Unless it uses something different? Looking through Google Images, I have found several of these pictured on the forum in the past, but due to photobucket's new policy, I cant see the picture when I open the forum page, many times. Very annoying! Thanks Photobucket! It looks as though The Amazing Michael has had several sets of these in the past. Several posts that I have found have suggested that they are made in Germany? Pics will help a lot! LOL!
-Richard Knip-

Lars Holst
(Login holstcollection)

November 15 2017, 3:31 AM 

Hi,

Are you talking about imitations looking like these?

Lars

[linked image]

Joseph Lauher
(Premier Login lauher)
Owner

November 15 2017, 9:04 AM 

Here are Richard's pictures.

[linked image]
[linked image]

DJ halfdead
(Login djhalfdead)

November 17 2017, 7:44 PM 

UPDATE: In case anyone runs across a pair of these without a key in the future, A Tower Double Lock Handcuff key does work in these. I just happen to have one of Ian's laying around, so I will put it to good use.
-Richard Knip-

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index