<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Smith & Wesson M-200

December 2 2017 at 6:37 PM
Stewy  (no login)

I recently picked up a set of Smith & Wesson m-200 hinged cuffs at an estate sale and was wondering when they were made and what the current value is. I don't have the key with them. Do i have to be a member to post pictures here?

Thanks for your help,
Stewy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
DJ halfdead
(Login djhalfdead)

Re: Smith & Wesson M-200

December 2 2017, 8:35 PM 

The M-200 was only made in 1990. It was discontinued, along with the oversized M-210 after a year. It seems that the one way flex hinge had a weakness and could be forced and possibly snapped. They replaced it with the M-300 in 1991. As far as value, hard to say. I grabbed a pair on Ebay, recently, for $115. I have seen them sell, in the 150-200 range within the last year, but they dont come up for sale very often. I just sold a pair with a damaged hinge on Ebay. They would still fold, but were missing one of the hinge's teeth. I was able to get $210 for them, and they were compromised!Not sure if I just got lucky on the sale, or if the prices are getting higher?

You should become a member of the forum and log in when you post. Its free. Way too many people are "anonymous" on here. Log-ins make it possible to identify who is posting. Just my two cents. Somebody else will have to share how to post pics. The Photobucket method that we used to use, is no longer available without paying a large, yearly membership fee. I havent found another way, as of yet. Hoping somebody has something. When I want to post pics with my posts now, I send them to the board's Admin by email and ask Joe Lauher to add them to my post.
-Richard Knip-

Stewy
(no login)

December 2 2017, 9:27 PM 

Awesome, thank you very much for the information and for the quick response.
Thanks,
Stewy

anon
(no login)

December 3 2017, 12:04 AM 

the log in system doesn't work so the system is flawed and it has allowed every man and fool to be anaon and has killed the site because of people not doing the right thing.

your cuff is worth a fair bit, don't sell it.

DJ halfdead
(Login djhalfdead)

Welcome

December 3 2017, 2:32 AM 

You're welcome, Stewy. Hope you enjoy the site. You can find a ton of great knowledge in past posts on here. Use the "SEARCH" function to find out about cuffs you may already own or have a chance to purchase. Enjoy the site!
-Richard Knip-

Dave
(Login dltvette)

December 3 2017, 3:30 PM 

Stewy,
You can use a standard S&W handcuff key on these and the can be readily found on eBay.
I use imgur.com to post photos, now that photo bucket has imposed a charge.
Here is my M-200 & M-210
Dave

https://i.imgur.com/3IfeDoa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eBwlazK.jpg

Stewy
(no login)

December 3 2017, 6:44 PM 

Thanks again for all your help gentlemen. Dave, those are two super nice looking sets.

Thanks,
Stewy

DJ halfdead
(Login djhalfdead)

Trying Imgur

December 3 2017, 10:09 PM 

Just a quick pic of my Model 200 Cuffs to test if I used Imgur correctly. Thanks for the tip!
-Richard Knip-

https://i.imgur.com/FEyoFoX.jpg

Stewy
(no login)

December 10 2017, 7:13 PM 

Posted this set on eBay if anyone is interested. Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks,
Stewy

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index