<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Slave Shackles? Being Removed From American Eagle Stores.

December 13 2017 at 10:19 AM
Mark Lyons  (no login)

I wish they asked me for my opinion.
What do you think?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/company-pulls-bracelet-after-viewer-complaint

Mark
O--O

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
DJ_halfdead
(Login djhalfdead)

Sigh...

December 13 2017, 11:25 AM 

People are way too sensitive these days. The past is the past and it happened. I have Native American blood in my body. There is plenty that I should be offended by, and I am not. I dont have time for that, nor the desire to pursue anything. The cuff in question doesnt even look like a shackle, for say. It looks like a bracelet with a bolt going through it. Most shackles I have seen have a hunk of chain and usually another shackle attached at some point. LOL! Ebay sells "shackle" style bracelets, all day long. Some even come with keys. But, no one complains about that stuff. I wonder if any of them have seen that the Statue of Liberty wears shackles on her ankles? That will be the next movement, to set her free! Even though the shackles chains are broken, Im sure somebody, somewhere is offended. LOL! But, im sure if they removed her shackles, there would be a fight as to who gets them for their collection! LOL! Yard art! I kid, I kid...
-Richard Knip-

Joseph Fox
(no login)

News Story

December 13 2017, 11:43 AM 

Mark:

You ask "what do you think?"

I think we're living in a crazy over-the-top idiotic extreme "PC" world right now, that's what.

Now, will such public negative criticism carry over to us Handcuff collectors here?...especially those that publicly exhibit their collections of handcuffs & "slave-era" shackles? (despite their obvious tie-in with law enforcement or Houdini).

One day, will THIS "Handcuff Forum" be publicly criticized for "glorifying" shackles-restraints & their use?

On the flip side, a collection of older shackles can serve as a positive educational tool...showing what was once "Man's inhumanity to man".

In today's world (at least in America), sadly, we may want to be mindful of when and where we exhibit our restraint collections. There's always one idiot in a crowd who will want to start an argument or trouble.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Slave Shackles? Being Removed From American Eagle Stores.

December 13 2017, 2:17 PM 

Reminds me of the high top sneakers that Adidas came out with a few years ago, JS Roundhouse Mids? At least in those, there was a defined "shackle", but seriously ............ when will the "PC" crowd have enough?

I'm surprised that the viewer didn't demand American Eagle shut the company down, due to their audacity to sell that item! What's next? Maybe they'll want police to no longer be issued guns & cuffs; and that this site be taken off the web ...... sad.gif

I surely hope NOT!!!

Mark Lyons
(no login)

December 13 2017, 5:22 PM 

Joe F.

I remember about 10 years ago, I organized a tour of the prison for my sheriff group and search and rescue people.
We had about 20 of us and because it was very far away, they provided the sheriff transportation bus to get us there.
The prison guards gave us a nice 4 hour tour of the facility which included the library, food processing, bakery, inmate areas, recreational yard and administrative offices.
They were not allowed to serve lunch to our group but the county jail right next door provided us with a very nice lunch.
As you can imagine, the event was very educational and a great time was had by all.

I forgot where I wrote about the tour and the excellent time we had but it was public and I got blasted for being so gleeful in light of the fact that their loved ones were being incarcerated there and how dare I "thank" the staff for showing us around their facilities.

These cry babies had no regrets for whatever it was that landed their sons or fathers in the slammer for 5 to 10, only that we should not be appreciative for the excellent day we experienced.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Unfortunately, I had to refrain from being vocal about what I believe is right and wrong and had to let their ridiculous arguments fade into the sunset.
P.C. is getting so out of hand.
Talking to a friend the other day whom I've known since kindergarten, he informed me that our old school now erects plywood targets for the kids to throw snowballs at. Gone are the days when kids could have a snowball fight during recess.
Glad I grew up in the good ole days!

Mark
O--O

anon x 3
(no login)

December 13 2017, 7:46 PM 

Isn't it 'cry babies' that think that this is even an issue. Bring back lynching I say!

Anonymous
(no login)

December 14 2017, 7:54 PM 

anon x 3, earlier in the year several elementary schools removed "Lynch" from their names due to "pc" culture! Also there is a growing movement to force Lynchburg, Va to do a name change ...........

anon x 3
(no login)

December 15 2017, 1:55 AM 

nice group photo , at least the group couldn't be mistaken for the inmates. all PC white guys.

Omarosa
(no login)

X 3 replys

December 15 2017, 3:10 AM 

We have a redneck on the Forum.

offended
(no login)

December 29 2017, 10:11 AM 

I am offended that people get offended about the stupidest of things. I demand the world change and become less prone to being controlled by the words and actions of other people that have no actual tangible impacts on them.

There's enough stress without people making themselves feel offended.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2017, 10:42 AM 

offended, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood is pure fantasy, i.e., you will NEVER be able to please everybody .......

Mr Roger
(no login)

December 29 2017, 6:24 PM 

all american 'honest' eagle store sell fake slave shackles, so what's new or shocking. greed is good

The Neighborhood
(no login)

December 29 2017, 9:57 PM 

Mr Roger, what's shocking is that you have no knowledge at all of the wonderful work that Fred Rogers did for over 30 YEARS to promote education for young children on public tv in the U.S. ........

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>