Return to Index  

Re: Very Nice, any more of the lighthouse...

July 30 2005 at 6:19 PM
Gary Berg  (Login Gary_Berg)

Response to Very Nice, any more of the lighthouse...

David,

I just finished checking the image for levelness. As far as I can tell, it MIGHT need to be rotated as much as a half degree clockwise. But after I did that in PS Elements, I tested the same way and it needed to rotate about .3 degrees CCW. So I'm not sure it needs to be rotated. In poking through the full-size image, I found that most of the horizon in the right half of the picture is a mixture of water and islands, so it's really easy to pick a wrong point. And, of course, any rotation will result in trimming of the outsides of the image, effectively making it narrower.

By the way, I found another way to check for level in PSE 3 (a replacement for the full PS measure tool):

Use the custom shape tool, pick a line, make sure you can see the Info panel. Pick a point on the image, drag a line across to another point you are checking for level. Don't let go! Look at the Info panel - it will show you the angle of the line you are creating. I found this tip in one of Scott Kelby's books on PSE3: "The PS Elements 3 Book for Digital Photographers".

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement