<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crop suggestions? ...please.

July 25 2005 at 9:20 PM

Karol  (Login okarol)

I like this photo but am distracted by the upper right shadow. Is it just me or is there a good crop that can make this photo better?

Thanks.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Clifford
(Login CliffordB)

Too much information,--

July 25 2005, 10:13 PM 

Might try to simplify it this way and throw the interest on the large leaves,-- good for Greek cooking!

Clifford

Respond to this message   

Jim Hunt
(Login JimHunt)
Group #26032

Great minds think alike

July 25 2005, 10:17 PM 

Clifford posted his version while I was working on mine, so these are totally independent. I simplified a little more than he did, and I couldn't have told you that the reason was to simplify, it just seemed to work.

Respond to this message   
bob62
(Login bob62)

scary isn't it ??

July 25 2005, 10:36 PM 

here's mine, also simplified..
http://www.pbase.com/bob47/image/46720968/large

Bob

This message has been edited by bob62 on Jul 25, 2005 10:41 PM

Respond to this message   

Karol
(Login okarol)

Wow, I love the subtle differences

July 26 2005, 2:03 AM 

I have never done any Photoshop stuff, but I see how cool it is make changes! I like the first crop too. It's fun to see my photo from other perspectives. Thanks.

Respond to this message   

Jim Hunt
(Login JimHunt)
Group #26032

Hey, Karol...

July 25 2005, 10:57 PM 

Thanks for adding some life to the forum. It was getting pretty dead there for a while. We needed some new blood.

If you're not too shy, post a larger photo of yourself than the thumbnail in your posts--love that smile.

Respond to this message   

Karol
(Login okarol)

Well, I am shy...

July 26 2005, 2:00 AM 

but here it is... taken last week at a family party. Those are my daughters (2 of my 4 kids)--- so there you have it.

Respond to this message   

Jim Hunt
(Login JimHunt)
Group #26032

Those acorns didn't fall far from the tree.

July 26 2005, 2:08 AM 

You can't claim they were switched in the hospital. They're almost as beautiful as their mom. Thanks for the photo.

(p.s. I'm very happily married--more than 37 years--so I'm not making a pass or anything like that.)

Respond to this message   

Karol
(Login okarol)

Oh now you tell me

July 26 2005, 2:22 AM 

Nawww, just kidding.
Maybe there should be a place where members post their faces - it's always nice to know who is talking (posting)-- Or maybe a self-portrait series, that would be interesting. So where's your photo??

Respond to this message   

Paul Brusky
(Login Paul_Brusky)

We could make it a game

July 26 2005, 3:14 AM 

Do any of the old-timers here remember the contest that was run on Bryan's forum (the "Parent" to this forum; see link at the top of the Renegades forum)? People sent in self portraits, Bryan put them in a gallery, then everyone guessed who's picture was whom. It was quite amusing - one or two people even got a bit ticked off that someone thought they might be the type to ride a motorcycle, or were thought of as older then they were!

There is still a link to the "album of users" on Bryan's forum. Tom Crowning eventually put the gallery on his pbase site, and later updated it with newer members' photos. There are 54 pictures on it, and I counted at least a dozen who still pop up here once in a while, so maybe the game wouldn't work too well this time around since so many of our covers have been blown . But maybe Tom would be willing to do another update?

This message has been edited by Paul_Brusky on Jul 26, 2005 3:15 AM

Respond to this message   

Jim Hunt
(Login JimHunt)
Group #26032

I still want to know who #27 is.

July 26 2005, 4:32 AM 

Tom's gallery is a Minolta gallery, so we would need to start a new one. I wouldn't mind using my web space, but I don't think I should take that much time out from work right now. If somebody wants to manage the renaming/numbering and then email me the photos, I could post them.

This message has been edited by JimHunt on Jul 26, 2005 4:33 AM

Respond to this message   

Sadie
(Login brakkenjan)
Owner

a Warm Welcome, Karol! And...

July 26 2005, 7:05 PM 

I have to agree, it is nice to see new members!

I'd be more than happy to create a gallery of members - think I'll start a new thread

Regards
Sadie

Respond to this message   

Karol
(Login okarol)

Thank you Sadie

July 27 2005, 12:22 AM 

This message board is refreshing for me -- I am usually trading posts on boards of a more serious nature as my daughter has health issues -- so I really needed a fun, creative place to be -- and thanks to Jim Hunt I found this group!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement