Return to The Sin Bin  

President Bush was briefed at his Texas home...

April 12 2004 at 10:58 PM
D'Artagnon77  (no login)
from IP address 24.226.120.205

Response to Rice was not bound by those constraints.

smike...

.....I was having a laugh this morning, enroute to Toronto, listening to Howard Stern, the cast was going on and on about how when The President was being briefed, he wasn't really paying attention because it was interrupting his 'nature walk'. They went on and on about how President Bush was the laziest President in US history, how he had no interest in doing real President work, especially if it interfered with his "down time".

Rice, 9/11 2001, 7:30am - "Mr President, we have a situation, we have vital intelligence al Qaeda are planning hijackings, possibly to crash the aircrafts into American landmarks."

President Bush: "Condi, we talked about this before, I'm going on my morning nature walk, maybe a little bird-watching, I don't want to talk shop when I'm kicking up my heels...let's discuss this later this afternoon. Besides, I know the bin Ladens, we're tight, nothing to worry about...wait!!! Did you see that? I think it was a bird."

Rice - "OK Mr. President, but if anyone asks, we didn't have this conversation, ok?"

President Bush - "What conversation? Remember Condi, if all else fails, deny, deny, deny!!!"

.....Hey, if the President isn't bothered by lying to the entire country, why should anyone in his Administration?...D'

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement