Return to The Sin Bin  

They all are smike

April 23 2004 at 10:32 AM
DA  (no login)
from IP address 66.157.122.194

Response to Pat Tillman.... HERO!

I agree with you on Tillman, but I fully realize our interest is drawn to him because he left what we consider to be a high paying career with potential. But is there really a difference between Tillman and the Guardsman who was also a volunteer and left whatever career he or she was in? Or the professional? They gave all and I am appreciative or their sense of duty and sacrifice. May God have mercy on them.

I'm moved by Tillman's loss today, and yesterday by the pictures of the fallen being loaded for the return home. The love, care and respect shown the bodies were very apparent in the pictures. Day before yesterday was Aggie Muster and we found out the widow of 1Lt Doyle Hufstedler, Class of ’02, was living with her parents in Charlotte awaiting the birth of their daughter. Hufstedler was killed a couple of weeks ago. Muster is always an emotional event. A roll is called of those that have died in the past year and a comrade answers “here”. I think Hufstedler was the third former student killed in Afghanistan or Iraq, but the circumstances made this one hard, they had asked that people bring baby shower type things because his wife just didn’t know many people in Charlotte.

Muster is a good tradition. Here’s a link on the history. The picture is of the 1946 Muster outside Malinta tunnel on Corregidor which is often confused with the one in ’42. There are no pictures of that one.

http://muster.tamu.edu/tradition/

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement