Return to The Sin Bin  

No pretender here, assh0le.

May 13 2004 at 3:23 PM
  (Login lehtinen-26)
Forum Owner
from IP address 4.18.68.2

Response to Oh no, not rejection of perspective... what shall I do?...

I was on the ground, at Eitam/El Gorah when Israel launched its all-out assault on the PLO in Lebanon in 1982, when you were still soaking your diapers. I also heard the "thunder" and felt the ground shake every night for three weeks, as the Israeli army dismantled the settlements in the Sinai. How much different was my experience from yours? Well, I didn't carry a gun or get up at 5:00 AM every morning. Then again, I was there at the very beginning, when we were busting ass to make it "comfortable" for Canadian ingrates like you.

As for Canada's contributions to world peace....well, Canada could do nothing to stop the slaughter of Bosnian Muslims on its own. Pat yourself on the back for being the good samaritan in principle, but a dependent weakling in practice. Oh, and while your hand is stuck on your back, send a good word out to the survivors of the Rwanda massacre. I'm sure they'll also want to know that your heart was in the right place. "So sorry. We Canadians grieve for the slaughter of innocents...just not enough to do what is necessary to stop it. Boo Hoo."

The Serbians were our friends and allies in WWII. Yet we were killing thousands of their innocents alongside OBL's mujahadeen. In hinsight, I wish we would have stayed out of it. Then we could blame Canada for not doing enough.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement