Return to The Sin Bin  

Slightly biased...

May 22 2004 at 11:36 AM
D'Artagnon77  (Login face_off_circle)
from IP address 212.179.50.71

Response to It's a little deeper than that...

Octopus...

.....Just out of curiosity, is George Jonas and Mark Steyn Jewish? I don't know, but with Steyn writing for the Jerusalem Post, I'm guessing he's Jewish. Does it matter, it might...it certainly would explain a lot with regards to their perspctive.

.....OK, so in Jonas' story, Chretien shook hands with the Malaysian Prime Minister after a speach at an International Summit. In this speach, Dr. Mahathir made a negative comment about Jews...and that's all we know. We have no context here...it doesn't say whether Chretien was following Dr. Mahathir in the speach order, the politically correct thing to do would be to shake hands. It doesn't say, nor suggest Chretien sought after Dr. Mahathir to personally congratulate him on a "speach well done". All Chretien did was shake the hand of another International Leader. There are pictures of American leaders shaking hands with Russian leaders...that didn't make the American leaders communists, nor did it convert the Russian leaders into Americans. Just because Chretien shook hands with Dr. Mahathir, that doesn't mean he agrees with what he said. As for the CBC using the word "militant" instead of terrorist, if memory serves me correctly, that started in Britain... the same Britain who is applauded at the end of the article.

.....As for the wall between the West Bank and Israel, I don't know what Canada is criticizing it for...I've been there, and frankly, the Wall is not completed, can't stop Palestinians coming in from the West Bank, not yet....I mean, it's not that hard to go around it. Plus, in Israel proper (not including the West Bank and Gaza), there are thousands and thousands of Palestinians living in Jewish communities, any of which can simply walk down the street at any given time and do what they want to blow things up...if they wanted to do that. In other words, the Palestinians do not have to come from the West Bank to cause trouble. For what it's worth, and I've said it before, I have no problem with the Wall, though as smike has pointed out, it should be erected along the establish borders of Israel, without infringing into Palestinian territory...D'

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement