Return to The Sin Bin  

And a short and simple reply....

May 27 2004 at 6:42 AM
D'Artagnon77  (Login face_off_circle)
from IP address 212.179.50.71

Response to Short & Simple...

Burgie...

.....I don't know the answers to your first two questions, but that's a far cry from being "invited" to Canada...or official policy. Sure, we can argue semantics if you like, but because Canada's doors are opened to the oppressed all over the World, that doesn't mean we're out there looking to find people to invite in. Yes, we feel compassion for those who are less fortunate in less fortunate countries, to a fault...for sure, and I'll agree, our "well of sweet water" has been contaminated, even if only a little bit.

.....I find it interesting that you say, "if only you would keep them to yourselves", as if it's Canada's responsibility, or fault, people find their way into the US...each time I've crossed into the US, it was ALWAYS US Immigration Officials checking my ID card. Are you suggesting, just because a person says he's Canadian, US Customs simply allow us to pass? I mean, it's never been that way with me, not from my personal experience. That's not to say it's difficult to cross into the US from Canada, but entry into the US, that's a US Customs responsibility, don't you agree? For example, anyone coming into Canada from the US, it's not like US Customs conduct checks of these people before coming into Canada, why would you think Canadian Customs should check those going into the US? In short, you do know, even if the scum of the Earth lands in Canada on a regular basis, it still has to go through US Customs to get into the US...so anything getting into your country has been let in by Americans, not Canadians...D'

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement