Return to The Sin Bin  

My understanding is...

July 1 2004 at 12:00 AM
Burgie  (no login)
from IP address 68.165.22.181

Response to Could they do that?

There isn't a mechanism for leaving the dominion. The Frenchies keep voting, and one day may succeed, but Canada does not have laws in place that would allow a breakup.

When speaking to friends in Quebec, it becomes apparent they are nitwits. When asked about currancy, they say "why, we'd use the canadian dollar". When asked about retirement, they say "well, I'm covered by my Canadian retirement". When asked about a military, they say "Canada has a competant military". When asked about trade treaties, they say "what need would we have of treaties?" In other words, they are a bunch of whiners who do not have a clue...

The best thing to happen to Canada might just well be to take the Frenchies at their word and let them go. They are a relatively wealthy Provence and should be able to maintain a certain level of the good life, but they would suddenly be faced with covering all their own costs of governance, and within a couple of years, I believe the secretaries at Bombardier would be answering their phones with a polite "Good Morning, thank you for calling Bombardier, how may I help you?" Oh yes, bonjour.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement