Return to The Sin Bin  

Here's what I think it is,

August 19 2004 at 3:03 PM
avfan21  (no login)
from IP address 12.39.164.173

Response to C'mon Aves, think about it.

It is pandering to special interest in Canada. Plain and simple. If you can't see what turning down using the Sharia courts would do for a woman faced with a dilemma I can't help you. What will you do if the muslim concentration becomes so big in areas that that they start to use Sharia more and more thru political ends? Study the Koran? Giving Indigenous people the right to tribal courts is one thing, after all, you are recognizing that an area of land is their's. Giving it to some immigrant to rule their little slice of Canuckistan is simply scary.

The laws of the land are good enough for everyone. If not, you need to fix your laws. This is inherently the difference I think between the two nations of ours. There you allow people to cling to their culture as though it should mean something to everyone in Canada. Here you can, but you damn well better be able to shirk it if it conflicts with American culture. Canadians far too often complain about no national identity. That's precisely why. You don't ask your immigrants to become Canadians, you ask them to become (insert nationality here) living in Canada. It is and will dilute the Canadian identity to the point no one will know what the hell it is supposed to be. THEN, THEN!, some of your countrymen have the audacity to complain that WE are strangling you with OUR culture. HAH!

I don't mean this in any rude way of denigrating Canadians. I do however see this as a flaw in policy.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement