Return to The Sin Bin  

Lawyer's Rules

August 27 2004 at 7:14 AM
Octopus  (no login)
from IP address 24.33.244.96

Response to What does this tell you?

I've probably listed these, before. Apply perfectly to what we're seeing from the DNC and their media supporters today.

Lawyer's Rules:

-If the law is against you, argue the facts.
-If the facts are against you, argue the law.
-If both the law and the facts are against you, call the other side names.

If Kerry had any kind of facts on his side, that would hold up in court, he'd have libel and slander cases galore to file. The law's on his side, though it could be argued that a candidate filing this type of case during an election-campaign is unseemly, and would affect the voters negatively. Boy, would the GOP welcome such a suit, and the chance to drag some of this testimony through the papers again, including the rest of Kerry's unreleased files!

Calling names, or perpetrating character-assassination on O'Neill and Thurlow, is the only avenue that's really open to Kerry's team. I saw where you mentioned Chris Matthews yesterday, DA...did you see that nauseating, smirking buffoon last night? If not, the transcript will be available later at the Hardball site, and I'm sure the smirks and idiotic chuckles will come through loud and clear.

I've said before, I don't care for Bill O'Reilly's personality or sanctimonious omnipotence, but compared to what Matthews has become, Bill's a diplomatic prince and a polite gentleman.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement