Return to The Sin Bin  

Too Close For Comfort....

October 9 2004 at 12:41 PM
D'Artagnon77  (Login face_off_circle)
from IP address 212.179.50.71

.....Well, there's been a little excitement in this corner of the planet. What a mess. Luckily I wasn't there myself, but Taba is only a couple hours away, closer to three maybe. However, there were a few MFO members down in that area...luckily, they're all accounted for. Two of my very close friends were booked into the Hilton but were in Eilat at the time. There personal belongings and vehicle were still at the Hilton, shorlty before midnight, they hired a cab in Eilat to take them back to the hotel, telling the driver..."Please take us back to the Taba Hilton", to which the driver replied, "there is no more Taba Hilton!" It was chaos for a couple days, neither could leave the area, having to spend Friday and most of today in Eilat. Another personal friend was on the second floor, having just closed the heavy curtains just minutes before...then half his room disappeared. He's ok, though suffering several serious cuts requiring stitches...but his wife had facial lacerations and broken teeth, she's otherwise ok, except for maybe a little shock. For what it's worth, we have people at the Taba Hilton on a daily basis, and many of our soldiers go there every weekend... we were extremely lucky not to have suffered any fatalities.

.....So far, despite what you might here on the news, there's no real way of knowing exactly who's reponsible. The news reports suggests a couple small groups have claimed responsibility, I doubt it. Considering there were two more bombings in the area, another suicide bombing at the Hilton as well, this is not some fly-by-night organization, no way...this is bigger, more organized and with lots of cash. Rumour is as well that, though Israelis are believed to have been the bigger target in the attack, there's a strong suggestion this attack was also meant to de-stabilize the Egyptian Government, because of it's moderate ways.

.....You can take or leave what I've written, I know some of you have your personal newspaper favorites that "just couldn't be wrong"...whatever. I'm here, where it happened, talking to people who were inside the Taba Hilton when it happened...D'

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement