Return to The Sin Bin  

There's always '12...

June 6 2005 at 4:55 AM
Octopus  (no login)
from IP address 24.169.227.160

Response to I agree, but as far as the three Bush's go, it's a shame

He'll only be 59 in 2012, by my calculations. He'd be a viable candidate then, in his prime, and "tanned, rested and ready," as they used to say about Tricky Dick back in '79.

Speaking of TD, it sure is anti-climactic, with "Deep Throat" turning out to be somebody's great-grandfather, a former disgruntled government employee, isn't it?

I always had high hopes for Al Haig, or George H.W. Bush, or somebody with a political pedigree to protect. Now, Mark Felt is going to write a boring book, and make a couple million bucks for his estate. Bet Woodward/Bernstein is/are plenty miffed about being beaten to this scoop, though I'm sure they're pounding the keys as we speak, trying to beat Felt's book to the circuit, or cash in on his publicity blitz.

I understand Woodward has the book mostly-written, already, while he's been scanning the obits every day waiting for Felt to die. I suspect Bernstein will contribute a chunk, too, unless he decides to write his own tome. Carl's not much for writing these days, but this might be one payday he can't pass up.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement