Return to The Sin Bin  

I Don't Know Him...

July 12 2005 at 11:04 AM
D'Artagnon77  (no login)
from IP address 131.137.245.197

Response to Perhaps I'm too cynical

Big E....

.....but I'm sure I saw him speak a few years back in Kingston. If memory serves me correctly, he had something to do with the 10/90 concept, a mixture of Reg and Reserve soldiers. Now, I may be thinking about the wrong guy, but if it is the same guy a remember, he's ex-Military and had a very negative perspective of the direction the Military was going in...an opinion shared by a lot of people at the time. I think I remember him being a negative person, just overall. With that said, he definitely knows his stuff, so I'd be hard-pressed to say he was full of crap.

.....As for the Noble Peace Prize being a carrot, what the politicians do with, that's out of my hands really. As an experience Peacekeeper of several missions, I think it's quite an accomplishment...not for me personally, but for all of us who do what we do. At some point, everybody makes mistakes, our Canadian peacekeepers have made some...but overall, I think we're pretty good at what we do...D'

PS: As for the Fed Government policy with regards to peacekeeping, I think the biggest problem is, it just doesn't know when to say no.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement