Return to The Sin Bin  

Those I have...

November 1 2005 at 9:38 PM
Octopus  (no login)
from IP address 24.169.227.160

Response to You need the episode disks too? nm

The tv-show episodes came out perfectly, must have been digitally copied right from the source. I haven't had a chance to actually watch one of them through, yet. I guess I should watch them, before watching the movie? Or doesn't it matter?

The wife and I just finished catching up on the last season of "Six Feet Under," a show I really enjoyed, despite its occasional lapses into fruitless storylines and irritating characters. It's one of those shows where you feel like you really knew the people, and now you're going to miss them. At least they had the sense to wrap up the series with a flourish, showing the circumstances of the demise of all the main characters. That was appropriate, for a show that was basically about "The American Way Of Death" (not based on the original book of that title, which was a florid expose of the funeral home biz, that prompted some needed reforms but also denigrated a lot of honest, responsible, well-intentioned people in the trade).

We're also on the last disk of the fourth season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm," Larry David's brilliant post-Seinfeld project. As funny as Larry and his characters are, I don't think I'll miss them all that much, when they're "gone." Like the "Seinfeld" characters, they're just not all that nice, as people.

Looking forward with relish to the last season of "The Sopranos," which I believe is filming currently. Glad I won't have to buy the bootlegged episodes on Ebay, like I did the last two seasons.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement