Return to The Sin Bin  

Risky advice

November 2 2005 at 7:33 AM
Rob  (no login)
from IP address 69.195.218.188

Response to VDH, the voice of reason and sanity...

"The odd thing is that so far the conventional advice to the president keep the discussion on Iraq only to U.S. national security, not the upheaval of the existing corrupt order; reach out to the Democratic Senate; curb your idealistic rhetoric with Syria or Iran; ignore shrill enemies; nominate someone that the opposition will not seriously object to has only emboldened critics here and abroad. It is time to go back on the offensive, both for the idealistic legacy of the Bush presidency and the immediate future of his ideas in the upcoming 2006 elections. "

Considering that it was "the offensive" that got him in the current situation I don't think it would be really so wise to do the same again. To begin a war with Iran now, while Iraq is still smoldering does not seem possible. Sanctions through the corrup UN are more realistic.

I've also noticed some Republicans in Congress who are up for re-election have not bee cozying up to him like in 2002 or even a year ago.

I'm actually looking forward to the Republican presidential campaign for 2008. Guiliani v.s Jeb?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement