Return to The Sin Bin  

It's not just Israel...

November 2 2005 at 5:39 PM
Octopus  (no login)
from IP address 24.169.227.160

Response to Too much mamby pamby bs

The new head kook in Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is on a tear, after his proclamation the other day that "Israel must be wiped off the map." Today, he purged his government of most of its ambassadors, who apparently didn't support his fiery rhetoric with enough zealous fervor. A Stalinist-type purge of all perceived dissenters, supported in full by the Islamist nutjob-wing, seems to loom on the horizon.

Iran appears to be entering into a very dangerous meltdown-phase. We have to be careful, how we handle this ticking time-bomb. It's still possible, the moderate masses will succeed in overthrowing this insane regime. If so, it would be nice if we could be on the new regime's "good side," at least in part. Sounds like a pipe-dream, but stranger things have happened in international politics, even within my lifetime.

I mean, I recall a time when the US and Canada were bosom-buddies, each other's closest and strongest allies. I miss those days, too.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement