Return to The Sin Bin  

Big doings in the Blog-world...

November 21 2005 at 8:55 PM
Octopus  (no login)
from IP address 24.169.227.160

Check out the new joint venture website, which is a partnership of many of the most popular and successful blogs, meant to offer an internet-based alternative to the old mainstream journalist-outlets, which many feel are too biased and compromised by corporate shillings to provide good content consistently.

Great discussion of the WMD issue here, what we knew and when we knew it, and what was right and wrong about the pre-liberation intel. Many bloggers contributed, and I haven't begun to read it all, even though the OSM editors have pared it down for easier consumption.

http://www.osm.org/site/articles/11212005prewarintelcarnival/

You must read this linked piece, in light of all the recent Democratic demagoguery about "Bush lied, people died," which has become a jounalistic trope in much of the mainstream media.

http://www.iris.org.il/blog/archives/619-Strong-Evidence-There-Were-WMDs-in-Iraq.html

Excerpt:
----------------------------------------------------
Strong Evidence There Were WMDs in Iraq
Where the WMDs Went, by Jamie Glazov, an absolute must-read:

It was probably on my second inspection that I realized the Iraqis
had no intention of ever cooperating....I came into the inspection program as an interrogator and Arabic linguist, so I crossed over various fields and spotted various deception techniques that may not have been noticed in only one field, such as chemical or biological. For instance, the Iraqis would ask in very reasonable tones that questionable documents be set aside until the end of the day, when a discussion would determine what was truly of interest to UNSCOM. The chief inspector, not wanting to appear like a knuckle-dragging ogre, would agree. Instead of setting the documents on a table in a stack, the Iraqis would set them side to side, filling the entire table top, and would place the most explosive documents on the edge of the table. At some point they would flood the room with people, and in the confusion abscond with the revealing documents.

This occurred at Tuwaitha Atomic Research Facility in 1996. A car tried to blow through an UNSCOM vehicle checkpoint at the gate. The car had a stack of documents about two feet high in the back seat. In the middle of the stack, I found a document with a Revolutionary Command Council letterhead that discussed Atomic projects with four number designations that were previously unknown. The Iraqis were extremely concerned. I turned the document over to the chief inspector, who then fell for the Iraqis' "reasonable request" to lay it out on a table for later discussion. The Iraqis later flooded the room, and the document disappeared....On finds, the key word here is "find." UNSCOM could pursue a lead and approach an inspection target from various angles to cut off an escape route, but at some point, the Iraqis would hold up their guns and keep us out....UNSCOM was very successful at verifying the Iraqis' non-cooperation....On the post-war weapons hunt, the arrogance and hubris of the intelligence community is such that they can't entertain the possibility that they just failed to find the weapons because the Iraqis did a good job cleaning up prior to their arrival....

I was shocked to learn recently that members of the Iraqi Survey Group believed their Iraqi sources when they said they don't fear a return of the Baath Party. During my eight months of counterinfiltration duty, we had 50 local Iraqis working on our post who were murdered for collaborating. Of the more than 150 local employees our team identified as security threats, the most sophisticated infiltrators came from the Baath Party. This was just one post, yet the DIA believes no one was afraid to talk, even though scientists who were cooperating with ISG were murdered. You can add this to the Able Danger affair as another example of the deep rot inside the intelligence community.
Read the whole thing and then consider, in the light of the massive deceptions, the bias inherent in UPI's recording of this "historic event" on their "This Day in History"-Nov. 14, 2002:

Iraq told the United Nations it accepts -- without condition or special requests -- the U.N. Security Council resolution authorizing the return of weapons inspectors to Baghdad.
How mean of America to attack when all Iraq wanted to do was cooperate with inspections!

Here is another must-read, by Jack Kelly, that supports the contention that the WMDs were moved from Iraq to Syria:

Here are some dots crying out for connection:

Explosives and poison gas that could have killed as many as 20,000 people and decapitated his government came from Syria, Jordan's King Abdullah told the San Francisco Chronicle last Saturday. An al Qaida cell associated with Abu Musab al Zarqawi, a Jordanian national thought to be masterminding al Qaida operations in Iraq, smuggled three cars containing 17.5 tons of explosives and a deadly chemical agent of an undisclosed type into Jordan early in April [2004]....

A Syrian journalist who defected to Europe told a Dutch newspaper Jan. 5 that chemical and biological weapons developed by Saddam Hussein's regime were being stored in tunnels dug under the town of al-Baida near the city of Hama in northern Syria; in the village of Tal Snan, near a big Syrian air force base, and on the Lebanese border south of the city of Homs. Nizar Najoef told the Dutch Telegraaf that the WMD transfer was organized by the commanders of Saddam's Special Republican Guard with the help of a cousin of Syrian strong man Bashir Assad.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement