Return to The Sin Bin  

It's always been that way...

November 23 2005 at 12:53 PM
D'Artagnon77  (no login)
from IP address 131.137.245.198

Response to The double standard...

HR...

.....I'm sure the boy is enjoying his 15 minutes in the bright lights with his friends, I doubt any of the boys think it's as bad as, let's say the kid's mom thinks it is. And I wonder how upset the father really is, if at all?

.....Funny about the double standard, something a lot of people (myself included) just can't get past. When talking to my son, it goes something like this..."So, who's the girlfriend of the day this week?"...and the reply is usually a name I've never heard of before. But when talking to my teenaged daughter it's usually, "you're going to the movies with WHO!!??? Just a friend? Does he know I will hunt him down and they'll never find the body?" She's almost 15 (same age as that girl whose parents were just killed by her 18 year old boyfriend), and she's never been on a real date yet... it's always been with a group of friends, and I always make sure of it, that's it's not just her and a boy alone, and most of the boys who know her, they know me...I'm "that big bald-headed guy, who's really, really, REALLY mean"...I've invested significant time in making sure a few of the boys know I mean business when it comes to my oldest daughter, they've spread the word too. My daughter knows, any boy she wants to go on a date with, they have to meet me first...no exceptions, so if the boy says "no" to meeting me, my daughters has to say "no" to his invitation for a date...D'

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement