Return to The Sin Bin  

Just lucky I'm not on guard...

February 1 2006 at 10:04 AM
Octopus  (no login)
from IP address 68.249.19.70

Response to I don't know the answers...

As I've said before, if I was on duty in a crowd of hostiles, friendlies, hostile-friendlies, cars that won't stop, cars that blow up, etc., I'd just have my gun on full auto until the barrel melted. Same reason I could never be a cop. You would know me by the trail of dead suspects.

Friendly-fire incidents are always tragic, but they're an inevitable consequence of war. Pat Tillman, RIP.

Egads, I was watching a documentary about Iwo Jima, the volcanic rock that so many men and boys died on in WWII, and one American said he lost his whole platoon to bombing from our own planes, after fighting the Japs for two days without a break. That was supposed to be one of the worst battles ever, for friendly-fire deaths, I don't think they ever put a hard number on them. My Dad was flying beaucoup missions during that one, as a radio-man on a B-29. Several B-29's, actually, as they kept getting all shot up, and breaking down.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement