Return to The Sin Bin  

"I think the movie reviewer is dealing with some issues"

February 2 2006 at 6:38 PM
Octopus  (no login)
from IP address 69.135.183.108

Response to I'll never know if it's actually in the movie

Yes, apparently...a Catholic priest on probation, perhaps? There used to be a very-repressed priest who reviewed movies for "The Michigan Catholic," one of the few periodicals my parents would allow in the house. There was that, "Good Housekeeping," and my first year of "Sports Illustrated," until my Mom caught a glimpse of the '75 swimsuit issue, and censored the thing like it was a travelogue from Great Britain, sent home just prior to D-Day. She ripped out some pages, including half the cover, and used a thick black permanent marker to fix the rest of the "questionable-taste" pics. I threw it out in a fit of teenaged-dumbth. Damn, I wish I had kept that comedic gem!

Check it out...Cheryl Tiegs, in Cancun. Aye Caramba!

"Rustler's Rhapsody" rings a few bells, I know I saw it. Sounds like it would be much better now, after aging a couple of decades. "Blazing Saddles" is almost too politically-incorrect to sell nowadays, but I have the best scenes committed to memory, and a VHS copy somewhere, from the days when I used to have HBO (pre-kids). Somewhere along the way, Mel Brooks became unfunny ("Spaceballs," "History Of The World"), but he was one of the all-time great low-brow (my speed) comedians, once upon a time.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement