Return to The Sin Bin  

I have a prediction, Burgie...

January 15 2007 at 10:34 PM
Octopus  (no login)
from IP address 71.79.122.233

Response to It's fairly obvious

Just based on what I know about Golbez, which isn't that much, I have a feeling he's going to be a staunch conservative by the time he's 35, which will put him ahead of my pace by about, oh, 6 or 7 years. He's a working man, with an accounting degree, and he demands full effort from his hockey heroes. It's only a matter of time, until he notices the slackers, drunks and dopers, and media/academia libs aren't exactly busting their humps, to help build a successful, prosperous society.

Earning-power and responsibility-levels tend to increase with age. With more at stake than their younger selves, working stiffs like us are naturally more conservative when it comes to economics.

When it comes to other issues, there are lots of factors that come into play, but the older you get, the more you tend to believe in national self-defense, and the preservation of the fairly-good status quo we've hammered out for ourselves in North America. Yes, there are exceptions. Too many, imho.

I sincerely hope, I'm not giving him too much credit.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement