Return to The Sin Bin  

Excellent!

September 22 2008 at 3:44 PM
Octopus  (no login)
from IP address 24.208.249.158

Response to Oops, forgot the link

It's another great piece, and it's nice to see Tolkien's masterpiece referenced in a meaningful, modern way. Tolkien, in his lifetime, tried to avert any discussion of his story as being a direct commentary on the historical events of the time, but that didn't stop a bunch of books and theses being written about same. I read several of them in college, along with the trilogy, and of course "The Hobbit."

In regards to your previous post, and your successful raising of your son to avoid becoming a moonbat (congrats again, on that!), it is with mixed-emotions that I must announce my daughter has been admitted to the U. of Michigan, pending a successful audition with the School Of Music judges, which I know is in the bag, barring a total breakdown of her vocal-cords. It's a fine school, and the music school is second to maybe one or two schools in the country.

UM is the "Berkeley Of The Midwest," politically speaking. The hippies are still in control, for the most part, although I have heard they actually enforce the pot laws nowadays, if not stringently. In my daze, it was a $5 fine if you were nabbed with less than an ounce, but they never even enforced that law, unless they were after someone for something bigger.

We need to have lots of talks, before she books off to Ann Arbor, assuming that is her final choice in the matter. She still has auditions at a few other schools, out of state, but she's not going out of state unless she has a major scholarship. UM is expensive enough!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement