Return to The Sin Bin  

Hi Burgie

December 17 2009 at 9:08 PM
DA  (no login)
from IP address 68.51.197.184

Response to Helllooooo, any body out there?

You the last conservative in California yet? Everytime I read something about the financial state of affairs in CA I always think of you and wondering how you are weathering the tax storm and if you have finally said I can't do this here anymore.

After a move and spending the summers out on Long Island I'm (we're) in Savannah GA. Interesting knowing I'm in my...last...house...ever.

Drew my first Social Security check this month. I thank you and Octo and the 6 others it takes to fund me.

Decided I wanted to be a firefighter and went to the school to be qualified as an interior firefighter. It was very interesting; I'm still surprised at how much there is to learn.

Savannah is home of to the 3ID at Ft Stewart and 1st Ranger Battalion at Hunter AAF. I always thank them for their service when I see them. I'll pick up the occasional tab at McDonald's for them or even better pick up the tab for an obvious Army wife buying groceries at WalMart. My family and I are forever in debt to them. Saw the post on the B17 log and the 8th Air Force museum is here. Not to take anything away from them, but the greatest generation is serving right now. On a related note, for some strange reason Savannah has the largest or second largest St Patrick's Day celebration in the nation. The Parade goes on for hours. One of the battalions from the 3rd and the Ranger battalion marched in it. All you could hear were the cheers and applause long before you saw them and long after they marched past. It was sobering when the Ranger battalion marched by; they were all so very young and each and every one had a Combat Infantry Badge or Close Combat badge or some other Pathfinder Airborne type badge. I teared up big time, but that's OK because a good bunch of them were obviously moved by the reception they were getting. The things this unappreciative country asks of them......Thank them, it does make a difference to them. I hate to see the charter airliner landing or taking off from Hunter, I always hope they are coming home and not deploying.

And dip**** wants to transfer the killers to a prison in Illinois? We're doomed.

Anyway, I'll check in and try to contribute. I have thought of you and Octo and HR...not in any unnatural man crush way. Just wondering how people I consider friends are doing. Tough times ahead for our country.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement