Respond to this messageReturn to The Sin Bin
Original Message
  • Yeah, I already knew that, thanks for the update
    • BigE (no login)
      Posted Jan 21, 2005 11:45 PM

It will be interesting to see what would happen in an election over gay marriage. I can just see what my kid's history book will look like someday... "the year Canada had two elections: one about issues, the other about whether or not it makes sense to have two brides or two grooms at a wedding."

Keep in mind smike, the reason conservatives are called conservatives is because their ideals are geared to conserving . Ya know, tradition and all that stuff. It's not all about fiscal and foreign policies. I thought you would know that, being a card-carrying member. Debate on this issue is healthy, but IMO not to the point we have a federal election over it.

Homosexuals have rights. Some want legal recognition of being a husband or wife so they can get shared property rights, RRSP benefits, community property in divorce settlements, and equal opportunity as hetersexual couples to adopt children. If the legislation goes through to support it, don't worry, I won't be protesting. I'm in my early 20s; haven't paid much attention to religion; have had plenty of exposure to homosexual culture; have my doubts about ever getting involved with marriage as a heterosexual because of the level of divorce, adultry and children born to parents out of wedlock in today's society; and have come to a general feeling long ago that with how rapid societies have progressed in the past 100 years it will probably only be another 50 before it becomes something someone your vintage wouldn't even recognize.

Oh, and getting back to polygamy. It already exists, the only difference is the legal version of it doesn't allow the person (man or woman) to be formally registered as married to more than one person at one time. Think about it.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement