THIS PAGE VIA "57 RESCUE"
www.57rescue.org

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Information required if possible
    • christine johnson (no login)
      Posted Feb 21, 2008 2:18 PM

I'm not even sure if I'm on the right site to request help with my enquiry, but will leave a message in the hope that if I'm not, then someone out there will put me on the right track!
      My son is trying to research my late dad's RAF career and would welcome ANY information he can gather on his time at Pocklington.My father's name was Flt Sgt Cyril George William PUGSLEY,he was a wireless operator/air gunner. He was a member of 102 (Ceylon) Squadron and was based at Pocklington between the 10th July, 1944 and the 16th December, 1944. We have a photograph of the crew he flew with in the Halifax with the nose painting and logo "The Flying Scot". The crew members appear to have written their own names and addresses on the back of the photo, two are New Zealanders - H.J. Hammond from Christchurch and R.H> Selby from New Plymouth. Another two are from the London area -one signature is quite difficult to decipher but I think the name is G. Armsby of Holmstall Avenue, Burnt Oak, Edgware and the other is J.W. Chown of Willingdon Road, Wood Green, London.
      The two other crew members are from Kent and Sussex and I think I am already "on their trails".
      If there is anyone with any information whatsoever to offer, then both my son and I would be more than grateful to hear from you.

With best wishes,
      Christine Johnson
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options