THIS PAGE VIA "57 RESCUE"
www.57rescue.org

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Bill Leyland
(no login)

Sgt JJ McDonald

July 23 2012, 4:59 PM 

Not been on here for a while and am catching up with old threads. Ive just responded to a question about this crew! Scroll up to Richard Clack and see my response below (Bill Leyland).

Respond to this message   
phil russell
(no login)

Sgt K. Crisfield

November 15 2011, 10:20 PM 

would you possibly hava any records regading sgt Crisfield 1592241, who died on 21/1/44 sering with 102 sqdrn.

many thanks

Respond to this message   
Bill Leyland
(no login)

Response to info on Sgt K Crisfield

July 23 2012, 3:50 PM 

Hi I am an associate member of the squadron and have some reference books that are useful. In 'Its Suicide But I'ts Fun' the entry for your man states that Sgt K Crisfield was an Air Gunner and he was on an operation to Magdeburg when they were shot down by a nightfighter. His Pilot was FS JW Gregory - PoW, his Navigator was FlOff DCE Bradshaw - PoW, his Wireless Operator was Sgt JTA Mitchell - KIA, his other Air Gunner was Sgt D Bellamy - PoW, the Engineer was Sgt I Davies - KIA and the Bomb Aimer was FS RJ Irvine.
The plane was a Halifax III airframe number HX149 and the squadron code letters were DY-J. He is buried in the Berlin War Cemetery in grave 14.G.12. his full name was Kenneth Solman Crisfield.
The Bomber Command Losses states that they had taken off at 8:11 pm and whilst leaving Magdeburg at 18,500 feet a night fighter attacked severeley damaging the controls and set alight the right wing. The three that died are all in the Berlin War Cemetery.
You might find the 102 squadron website interesting, and you might find info on the others there at www.102ceylonsquadron.co.uk.
Bill

Respond to this message   
David E
(Login DavidEmmons)

Sgt Charles Miller

November 20 2011, 3:34 PM 

Hi, I'm looking for any information for a Sgt Charles Miller, sometimes known as 'Maxie'. He was a wireless operator for the 102 squadron, He was on a Whitley Z6871 with Sgt Donald K Kibbe, Pilot David B Delany, Sgt Philip L N, Sgt Ronald Gayler and Sgt Clifford Carr. There plane was also involved in an incident over Yorkshire where Sgt Donald K Kibbe was killed.
If you have any info atall, it wolud help me hughly. Please email me at davey_boy6@ Hotmail.co.uk.
Thanks, david

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Sgt Charles Miller

November 20 2011, 5:11 PM 

David - have sent you an email on this

Neil

Respond to this message   
Paul
(Login bondstarpaul)

Re: 102 Sqn Pocklington

July 23 2012, 9:12 PM 

Sergeant Andrew Ridley . RAF Volunteer Reserve air gunner 102 Sqdn. from Newcastle)

(d.7th Sep 1943)

Unfornatley the only details I have are from my father who has passed away, but I would be keen to hear from any members of the squadron that served with my Uncle and possibly the pilot/captian of the Halifax, who visited the family after the war, after being freed from a POW camp. If anyone has any more details they could passed i would be eternally grateful

Respond to this message   
Neil
(no login)

Re: 102 Sqn Pocklington

July 25 2012, 3:31 PM 

Paul - He was part of the Atkinson crew and arrived on Squadron during August 1943. I will send other details to you via email. It appears that they were on their second Operation with the Squadron when they were lost. Four of the crew F/O Atkinson and Sgts Butcher/Moore/Kirkby survived to become POW. The aircraft crashed at Antdorf and was on OPs to Munchen. It appears they were shot down by a nightfighter

Neil

Respond to this message   
Chris
(Login ChrisInBlackpool)

Update

August 7 2012, 8:01 PM 

Hi, wanted to touch base with everyone on this thread.

I have just taken possession of everything that was sent to Chris Goss when he wrote our squadron book, so I am NOT looking for a load of extra work concerning the web site - I have about five years worth here already...

However ---

There are a number of people on this thread that I have never heard of, or never spoken to and I would like to encourage you all to contact me when ever you have a moment and let me have the details of your loved one. (Christine.. give me a bell sometime please.. its been a while now and I still have nothing at all for your dad..)

You may find that they are already on our site in some way, but maybe you can add more details.. especially photo's??

my email address and other contact details can be found on our web site, and I look forward to making up pages for all those I have not yet done.

All the best

Chris

Respond to this message   
Confused
(no login)

Re: Update

January 15 2013, 9:39 PM 

Has the website stopped posting updates? there are a load of pages with notes that they will be added to in the "next few days" but there has been no update since August. Wonder whether the association has closed down or is the website nothing to do with 102 Squadron Association?

Respond to this message   
Chris
(Login ChrisInBlackpool)

Still alive

January 17 2013, 10:18 AM 

HI, addressing your points:

The web site is run and operated by an associate member of the association, but it is not it any way controlled by such, or paid for by such, nor will it ever be.

I have had twelve months were my life has been turned upside down and I have needed to place all of this on hold.

The problem is that I have about 60 people now waiting for web pages to be made for their loved ones, and there is only myself that can do the work.

If you have any more questions my direct email can be found on the contact page.

Details for the association will be placed on the Assciation page as soon as possible.

Thanks

Chris

Respond to this message   
Neil
(Login Neilwe)

Re: Still alive

January 18 2013, 9:14 PM 

Chris - good to see your posting as had sent few emails but not heard anything back from you.

As things a little hectic still for you I am still happy to help any one with any details from the Squadrons Operational records.

Neil

Respond to this message   
Confused
(no login)

Re: Still alive

January 18 2013, 11:23 PM 

I wasn't sure if you were asking for photo's and stories for the the Association or for your personal website, thanks for clarifying it's for your personal site.

Respond to this message   
Simon
(Login Simon102)

102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association

January 17 2013, 11:20 PM 

Hi,

This is just to let everyone know that 102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association is alive and well and increasing its membership.

I was appointed Honorary Secretary last year taking over from Tom Wingham who has been our secretary for the last 20 years. Tom is well and I see him fairly regularly as does at least one other member of the Association.

We had a very successful reunion in 2012, Chris put a report and photos on the website. Members also attended Pocklington airfield on Remembrance Day. I am currently planning the reunion for July 2013

If you would like an email copy of our last newsletter please send me your email address. You can also see what is going on by looking at the forum on the squadron website, my contact details are on there.

Apologies for the promotion but I think it is important for people to know about us while the excellent work Chris has done is on hold.

Simon

Respond to this message   
Carol
(Login thingy99)

Gerald Hadfield

January 18 2013, 10:20 AM 

Hi

Just noticed your thread and wondered if you might have any information about my great uncle. He was Gerald Hadfield service number 1047949 and a sergeant air gunner. He and his crew were shot down by a night fighter on 17th June 1944. The plane exploded in mid air and they are buried in a communal cemetery in Buren, Holland. The other crew members were John Booker (air gunner), Ernest Finch (air gunner), Enrico Zaccheo (air engineer/co pilot), Winston Reid (air observer/navigator), Eric Braddock (pilot), and Ronald Putt (air bomber). I have a photograph of the crew if anyone would be interested.

Kind Regards

Carol

Respond to this message   
Simon de Joux
(Login sdejoux)

E.E. (Ted) de Joux

March 1 2014, 6:05 AM 

Hi Chris

if you happen to come across any information or especially photographs of my late father Edward Ernest de Joux I'd be very grateful if you could pass them on. He was a rear gunner with 102 squadron from 1942 until June of 1943. He flew in Halifax 112 and his pilot was a Warrant Officer Lewis. I'm trying to piece together the full record of his war time exploits so anything you have would be of value.

Alternatively, if there's anything that I have that may be of assistance, please let me know at sdejoux1@bigpond.com. Thanks. All the best.

Simon de Joux

Respond to this message   
RogerM
(no login)

Andrew Ridley

August 19 2012, 4:34 PM 

Paul have sent you an email

Respond to this message   
Jon Dudley
(Login JonDudley)

Details of crew member

December 13 2012, 12:09 PM 

Hello All.

I'm new to this thread and seeking any information at all about my Uncle John (Jack) Dudley, Sgt. Air Gunner. He and the entire crew of his Halifax DT800 perished on the night of 25th February 1943 the plane crashed at Ardleigh near Colchester, en route to Nuremberg.Thanks to this site I know some of the details of the incident but my father, Jack's brother was naturally reluctant to talk about the loss of his only sibling at the age of just 20. Consequently I know next to nothing about him. I'm not expecting miracles but wonder if there are crew photographs, indeed any records of the missions he flew prior to this fateful one or any relatives of other crew members who have been on this forum. My grandmother (his mum) said that he volunteered to stand in for another crew member who had a date with his fiancé that night...strange the way things turn out.

I'm planning a pilgrimage to Ardleigh next year, it being the 70th Anniversary to remember him and his colleagues.

Thanks

Jon

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Hobbies and InterestsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Forum Guidelines:click here