THIS PAGE VIA "57 RESCUE"
www.57rescue.org

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Looking for info about 148sqd

December 11 2003 at 7:18 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 195.92.168.166

I am searching for information about 148sqd. The reason Im looking for it, is that there's a student at the flying school that I work for who during the war flew halifaxes. We at the school are trying to find anything to do with 148sqd to make something up for him for next wednesdays celebration of 100years of aviation. Another student has offered to make him a wooden halifax but we are unsure of sizes (this isnt going to be lifesize) but if we did get those sizes he could adjust them down so he could fit it onto his sideboard! I would be grateful of any help.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
EMS 214
(no login)

148 squadron

December 12 2003, 2:57 AM 

Andrea,
Try the below forum you may get a quick response as there is a heavy traffic volume there.

http://www.rafcommands.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

Alan

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Looking for info about 148sqd

December 12 2003, 10:08 AM 

Andrea

Without wishing to sound flippant, your best bet is to buy an Airfix (or similar) kit as the Halifax is not exactly something that is easy to describe.

As for the Squadron, they flew the Halifax II (mainly) between March '43 and Jan 44 in the Med area (Italy and North Africa). At other times during the war thay also flew the Wellington, Stirling and Liberator.
The Sqn motto was 'Trusty'
Sqn Code letters were FS (followed by individual aircraft letter eg FS-A)

Hope this is a start.

Eddie

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Halifax

December 15 2003, 8:30 AM 

Thank you very much for the information it has helped.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Looking for info about 148sqd
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Forum Guidelines:click here