THIS PAGE VIA "57 RESCUE"
www.57rescue.org

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Geoffrey Day
(no login)

Eddie Proud

July 5 2016, 11:02 AM 

Hi Dennis, have just come across this site, how interesting it is. My wife Vanessa, is Eddie Prouds daughter, the only survivor of MZ 687. I know there is a copy of the letter Eddie sent to Mrs.Pritchard in Canada,but I can't find any information on the de-briefing after returning as a POW, would be nice to have a copy. Eddie died in 1996 aged 76, he had three sons and a daughter and lived in Northampton, he was cremated at his own request and his ashes,along with his wife's (Betty) are interred at Northampton cemetery. If we can provide any information we would be happy to do so. You can e-mail me if you prefer at, gday48@gmail.com.

Respond to this message   
Dennis
(no login)

Didn't page down

December 2 2012, 8:53 PM 

Sorry if I added some stuff you didn't need; i neglected to page down before replying to your message.
Dennis

Respond to this message   
Anne Gafiuk
(no login)

Roski Info and Photo

November 22 2014, 6:27 PM 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_1-I5AeEg8

Have you seen this link? I have info on the flight as well, as Bob Davies, from Okotoks, Alberta, Canada, is part of a research project I am working on.

Please email me at anne@whatsinastory.ca and I will send you what I have about your uncle and his crew. The video on YouTube is excellent.

Regards,
Anne
www.whatsinastory.ca

Respond to this message   
Allan Merkel - Tyndall, Mb.
(no login)

C89022 Flt/Sgt ( Flying Officer ) Antonio Roski

October 29 2015, 10:28 PM 

I have a profile picture of A.Roski from Tyndall Manitoba, and a description of the Runnymede Memorial in Surrey, England, where he is commemorated.
As it is a Memorial, it appears that Antonio was reported as missing, and no known burial location is known.
I look after the Cenotaph in Tyndall, and during an internet search for my own purposes, he showed up. I recognized the name as one of the ones listed on the Cenotaph.
The local school, Gillis, has a bookcase in the library with videos and printed material that I supplied when it was built in 2001. I will be adding F/O Roski's info as I accumulate it. Over this winter I hope to be able to trace some of the other men listed on the Cenotaph.
Allan Merkel
tyndallpa@live.ca

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Hobbies and InterestsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Forum Guidelines:click here