THIS PAGE VIA "57 RESCUE"
www.57rescue.org

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

420 squadron Pritchard crew Roski

July 17 2012 at 1:22 PM
Rick  (no login)
from IP address 38.116.192.102

Does anyone have any pictures or knowledge of Antonio Roski ? Uncle... can't find any pictures of "L"

MZ-687 "L" did not return. pilot F/O GF Pritchard, 2nd Dickey P/O RH Davies, ba F/O Block, nav F/O Moffit, gun WO1 Surles, wop WO2 DBH Lorenz, ag F/Sgt AG Roski, and gun Sgt KG Boucock.

Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
richard.k
(no login)

Re: 420 squadron Pritchard crew Roski

July 17 2012, 8:09 PM 

I have a photo of lewis, pritchard and roski
Richard

Respond to this message   
rick
(no login)

July 18 2012, 1:07 PM 

Richard, are you related to any of them?

Any chance you could send me a copy

Respond to this message   
rick
(no login)

July 20 2012, 8:06 PM 

Richard, is the picture posted anywhere?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

July 23 2012, 4:50 PM 

The photo in question is held by the Library and Archives Canada

Respond to this message   
rick
(no login)

roski

August 13 2012, 1:26 PM 

How do I access the picture at the library, can it be done online?

thanks,

Respond to this message   
Josie
(Login jkolbuch)

Video of Halifax MZ687

August 27 2012, 10:36 AM 

This is a six minute memorial video of Halifax MZ687. It shows a high resolution photo of my uncle, Tony Roski, who was the tail gunner. The video also shows all the other crew members, plus the original flight log of the flight engineer, the sole survivor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=G_1-I5AeEg8

We're Canadian, but we live 14 miles from the Tholthorpe aerodrome where they were based. We've been there and talked to the local expert/British liason chap who knows all about the various squadrons stationed there.

Respond to this message   
Alan
(no login)

Re: Video of Halifax MZ687

August 27 2012, 12:19 PM 

Josie,
Thanks for posting the link to the video. Would you mind if i post it on another RAF related forum that i am a moderator on.
Alan.

Respond to this message   
Josie
(Login jkolbuch)

August 29 2012, 8:54 PM 

Yes Alan, please use the video link in any RCAF website or blog that you feel might be appropriate. Bear in mind that as Canadian residents here in the UK, we have easier access to past squadron information you might need.

When we drove up to Tholthorpe aerodrome, we met a chap who is the local RCAF history buff, and has a lot more info and photos. He periodically has actual WWII squadron veterans come and visit the site. There was a general squadron reunion a few years back. Obviously their numbers are dwindling.

On the Tholthorpe village green, there's a Canadian memorial with a single Canadian maple tree imported years ago. Every year on Remembrance Day they usually have someone from the current RCAF come and give an honour salute.

The aerodrome itself is in a state of semi-decay as you might expect, but it's still there, including the control tower building which is now a private home.

Tholthorpe_03e.jpg

Respond to this message   
Howard Waller
(no login)

August 27 2012, 7:57 PM 

Fantastic video

Respond to this message   
rick
(no login)

August 28 2012, 3:28 PM 

You know you are my cousin??? : ) I saw a post from you on 12 oclock high but it would not let me email you!~!

Hi, nice to meet you!

Respond to this message   
rick
(no login)

August 28 2012, 5:47 PM 

Josie, my email is rbarlow@rogers.com in case it does not show up on this site. Thanks for the video. I have been looking for info on uncle Tony. Apparently I got my middle name from him.

It would be nice to chat...

You did a truly amazing job, Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Dennis Lorenz
(no login)

Pritchard's Crew

December 2 2012, 8:10 PM 

Hi Josie: We wrote back and forth a couple of years ago-actually Chris and I did. We lost touch, and I am wondering if Chris is okay, and how was he making out with the project he was doing about the crew?
Dennis

Respond to this message   
Norma Marie Tanguy-Boucock
(no login)

Thanks.

December 21 2012, 10:33 PM 

I watched yesterday "The Last Flight of Halifax MZ687" I sent the link to a niece in Canada. Finally, I have a picture/face on Kenneth. His father Fuller Brock Boucock was my grandpa's brother. My father (from Merritton)fought in Europe and met my mother here in Holland. My father died in 1950 (heart attack), and I was only 14 months. Do you have by any chance more things about Kenneth George Boucock. Thanks again. Merry X-mas to you all and God bless you.
Norma Marie

Respond to this message   
Lorraine
(no login)

Kenneth Boucock

April 6 2013, 10:20 PM 

Hi,
I'm the editor and writer for a small newsletter called Merritton Matters. A reader sent me the link to the video and I'm putting together an article on Ken.

I have no information on his family except his mom and dad's name and that they lived on Ball Avenue in Merritton at the time of his birth. Please email me if you have anything else.

Lorraine

Respond to this message   
John Aberhardt
(no login)

Nephew to bomb aimer Dalton Block

November 21 2014, 3:34 AM 

Was struck with awe and tears as I watched the Last Flight and saw my uncle. I was not expecting it. Was just researching about the Halifax . I had always thought he was on a Lancaster. Then there he was.
Would like to make contact with family of other crew members.

Respond to this message   
Joel Sape
(no login)

Any more news on Uncle Dally

April 2 2015, 2:49 AM 

Have found some pictures of the plane they shared with another crew. It was MZ587. It has both crews names on the plane they shared. It was lettered C for champion. Have found little else...

Respond to this message   
rick barlow
(no login)

420 sqadron

May 8 2015, 6:06 PM 

Go Here

http://www.aquatax.ca/snowyowl.html

Respond to this message   
rick barlow
(no login)

C

May 8 2015, 6:23 PM 

Halifax MZ587 PT-C for Charlie, for a time, was shared by the McAdam crew and the Torchy Pritchard crew [see Mac and Torchy going strong] by the pilot's window. "DARK EYES" was the wop position; The Gen Spot was the nav [window blacked out] and Randy and Dally were the Bomb Aimers. The Champ nose art for PT-C was painted by Skip Rutledge. "C" was one of four "kites" my father, Bert Parker, noted as being under his care during this period. MZ587 PT-C's last op was to Cologne on Oct 30, 1944. On this mission it was flown by F/Lt Sefton's crew. It was then sent to Topcliffe on Nov 1, 1944. A side note: "Torchy" Pritchard and his crew, 2nd Dickey P/O Davies, ba F/O Block, nav F/O Moffit, gun WO1 Surles, wop WO2 Lowens, ag F/Sgt Ronki, and gun Sgt Boucock, were all killed in the crash of MZ687 "L" August 16, 1945. The eng EAJ Proud became a POW..

Respond to this message   
Dennis Lorenz
(no login)

Information

December 2 2012, 7:45 PM 

I am the son of the Wireless operator on that aircraft, and I have a picture of the crew, or most of it. Unfortunately, it is partially cut off on the left side, where Tony Roski was standing.
I was in contact with Chris Watts and Josie--?last name Kolbuh in 2010, and we together figured out what happened on the final night. I lost contact with them--the last I heard was that Chris was very sick; however, my understanding was that Chris was sharing the information with the Roski family. I have copies of the Emails we exchanged, and can send them to you, along with the picture I have of the whole crew. There is also a copy of a letter written to Mrs Pritchard by pilot Officer Proud--the Flight Engineer, who was the only survivor; as well I have a copy of P/O Proud's debriefing after coming home from the POW camp. This tells how they were shot down and ditched.
Send me an Email with your Email address, and let me know which of this you would like a copy of.
Dennis

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Hobbies and InterestsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Forum Guidelines:click here