THIS PAGE VIA "57 RESCUE"
www.57rescue.org

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Fishpond / Monica / Visual Monica

January 29 2017 at 10:28 AM
petetres  (Login petetres)
from IP address 151.224.205.59

I am trying to establish where the various units for Fishpond / Monica / Visual Monica were installed in the Halifax.

I am assuming that it was in the WOP Compartment (as he was responsible for monitoring) but I can find no photographs, diagrams or text which explains how they were fitted around the receiver / transmitter.

Was the layout of the receiver / transmitter changed so that it was in the same "stacked" position as the Lancaster, thereby allowing the units to be installed to the left hand side or was there another solution.

Any help on this matter (including any photos showing the equipment in situ) would be much appreciated

Regards

Pete
Researching and documenting the History of No. 35 Squadron

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Caleb Shaw
(Login Prune1942)

Difficult Question

February 1 2017, 9:32 PM 

G'day Pete,

The Fishpond was always installed on left of the Marconi Transmitter/receiver in a Lancaster. I've seen a photo of a Halifax's Wireless. It didn't have Fishpond or any extras, just the Transmitter/receiver. The receiver was placed on the left side of the Transmitter on it's side!

I haven't been that helpful, sorry.

Kind regards,
Caleb

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login petetres)

Re: Difficult Question

February 1 2017, 11:25 PM 

Caleb

Since I posted this, I have been advised (on another forum) of the layout on the Halifax.

As you say, in the Halifax WOP compartment, the transmitter and the receiver are side by side, not stacked as per the Lancaster, so there isn't any room for the Fishpond Unit to be installed on the left.

However, the "table" has a cut out on the left side and the Fishpond Unit (and presumably the Monica Unit) was "dropped into" the cutout section (ie directly in front of the receiver).

Hope that clarifies

Regards

Pete

Researching and documenting the History of No. 35 Squadron

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Hobbies and InterestsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Forum Guidelines:click here