Small towns...big on lax

by lax4all (Login lax4all)

First Steve, the issue I raised is mid-week day time games... not a smart idea, especially for the age groups suggested.
But let me suggest that the Midgets & Intermediates don't got to the provincials for a "festival atmosphere" they are beyond that. They don't go to buy stuff but to play the game.
And having been to a number of them at that level the lacrosse is great and the interest is from everyone is tops! No need to fluff it up.

Also, our crappy little town, Midland (I know you retracted the comment but it strikes close to the heart) put on their first ever Provincials (Intermediate in 07) and really benefited from it in many ways, including drawing more parents into the program (which we all agree is the toughest job out there).
A very proud time for a very small club. And you will be hard pressed to find anyone who did not enjoy the WEEKEND!!!
Let's not spoil a grass roots activity in favour of mega-events.

V.

Posted on Nov 2, 2008, 10:08 PM
from IP address 206.80.244.72

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. from anther small town. lxlxlx, Nov 9, 2008, 8:43 AM

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)