shane, you may or may not

by 88what (Login 88what)

be old enough to remember pre-festival, but those were the greatest memories i have, and i still had to go to whitby for 2 field qualifiers a year, so it became kinda annoying especially when you know the team to beat is the host team, getting home made food and sleeping in your own beds is a huge advantage.

you will have fun no matter where the festival is, but i honestly think that the game will grow more if its rotated around the province, i would like to think that most people would agree

lets just say, your 10 years old, playing in the provincials, and you have your whole school class watching, how many of those kids do you think are going to want to play after watching, i would say a lot.

you can make the excuse that every team plays home games, but when you have a festival its on a grand stage, showcasing the best lacrosse, thats the way to get the sport to grow.

SHOWCASE IT!

not just to people who already appreciate the game but for those who know nothing about it or who are interested

show teach play grow

p.s what happened to those press on provincials shirts, i use to get one every year, do they still make them>?

Posted on Aug 28, 2011, 11:19 AM
from IP address 70.30.50.215

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Re: shane, you may or may not. Shane, Aug 28, 2011, 2:57 PM
    1. the kids have the energy to play. 88what, Aug 28, 2011, 5:22 PM
      1. Re: the kids have the energy to play. Monk1e, Sep 8, 2011, 9:59 PM

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)