Re: Lax Goalie Equipment rules

by South Of The Border (Login USBox)

BTW, I'm new here. I'm Bill and live in the Midwest US not too far from St. Louis. As you can imagine, finding good used gear is not possible here so I look to Canada and if anyone has those now illegal Boddam legs, the older stuff, 20" and larger in all black, I'm open for discussion.

On the gloves, the gloves that the pros wear are of course made for them by Reebok and aren't sold to the general public. People in the know say that the protection is no better than what you might buy.

I have asked the same question as to why the gloves aren't more protective, but the CLA seems to be on that mindset that the gear is not intended to be used to block the ball in play. Forget the fact you're being shot at from high speeds and while someone from Montreal who has played as and has coached goalies is on their executive panel, I don't think he gets it either.

A US company that is working on Kevlar backed padding will fortify gloves but it's $150 to do so. Here's the site:http://www.unequal.com/

I found them when I was looking at ways to fortify gear myself.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012, 6:52 PM
from IP address 70.225.39.127

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. look here. doormonkey, Apr 5, 2012, 7:50 AM
    1. Re: look here. South Of The Border, Apr 6, 2012, 1:54 PM
  2. Older Boddam Gear. OldGuyKW, Apr 6, 2012, 12:37 PM
    1. Re: Older Boddam Gear. South Of The Border, Apr 6, 2012, 1:56 PM

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)