Not the ref's fault

by ptbo (Login laxpro)

Sorry to hear your child was injured. As a minor lacrosse referee it really bothers me that you are directing your anger towards the referees and threatening them to go to court.

FYI, the referee's are doing their job if they are enforcing the category system. It was made explicitly clear at the re certification clinics that the category system is to be enforced.

If a referee was to not follow the CLA and OLA rules and procedures they are opening themselves to liability. For example- if the referees let a player play with an O'Neil Cage in peewee and it is called by the other teams coach and the referees ignore the request and let that player play with an illegal cage - and then that player is seriously injured. The referees are at fault for not following the CLA rules.

Same goes with goaltender equipment. Don't take it out on the referees. They are kids that are simply doing their job.

Your issue is with the CLA and the OLA. Take it up with them.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012, 9:17 PM
from IP address 66.79.239.46

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Re: Not the ref's fault. ptbo, Apr 25, 2012, 9:20 PM
    1. just want to safely play lacrosse. , Apr 25, 2012, 9:25 PM
  2. No number system reference in the OLA/CLA rule book. Check The Rule Book, Apr 25, 2012, 9:23 PM
    1. check YOUR facts. ptbo, Apr 25, 2012, 9:42 PM
      1. I saw the memo. , Apr 25, 2012, 10:55 PM
        1. Re: I saw the memo. odm, Apr 26, 2012, 7:16 AM
          1. It's in the Rulebook. Tsitshoh, Apr 26, 2012, 7:53 AM
  3. Re: Not the ref's fault. South of The Border, Apr 26, 2012, 2:34 PM

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)