Re: I saw the memo

by odm (Login Crusader9)

Are you really that ignorant of the real world. You can't possibly keep every document completely up-to-date for every minute of every day of every year. As changes are required and needed, new rules are created to address concerns, increased risk, liability (like parents running to lawyers every time Johnny cries...and doesn't understand why the rules are "against them"). These memo's are supplementals to the rule book.

I can't believe I am coming to the defense of an Official (haha...it was bound to happen eventually!)...but the ridiculousness of the original post & the stance is too much to not say something.

There is no doubt that the poster, and the parents (if they are not the same) are 100% what is wrong with minor sports in general (and possibly in life). What is required is for people to take ownership, accountability, and responsibility and understanding that sometimes...just sometimes, things happen, and not everything that happens is life is going to be good for you.

I have always used the phrase "the worse thing about kids are parents", and unfortunately, sometimes that is true.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012, 7:16 AM
from IP address 99.245.209.175

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. It's in the Rulebook. Tsitshoh, Apr 26, 2012, 7:53 AM

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)