Understand the confusion?

by Int Fan (Login intfan)

No one should ever be asked to "Understand the confusion" when it comes to incorrect calls.

If you are refereeing any sport you should be more then able to understand all rules clearly for whatever age grouping you are officiating. To miss handle a simple stick measurement is borderline incompetence(as the scenario was described). As to a referee changing his call, if he does not understand the rule or interprets it the wrong way then his partner should catch it and discuss it with them and if need be consult a rule book. It doesn't matter what the call goes as long as its the right call then there is no argument, but to hand out a USC while defending an incorrect call would be a disgusting abuse of power. In my experience any ref with integrity will go out of their way to make sure the call is correct so the game is not changed by a mistake on their part.

I have never heard of the referee mentioned nor was I present at the game so none of my above comments are directed at him, or the call in question. Just simple observations.

Posted on May 24, 2012, 6:56 PM
from IP address 99.253.50.224

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Re: Understand the confusion?. Shane, May 24, 2012, 7:04 PM

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)