Re: This is why I love the Minor Forum!

by Mark (Login McMoose)

Well then you and Mr Rook have a good time at the Whitby Gaels game. Anyone that was involved with the game knows who I am. As far as the rules going the other way this time. In all the years my son has played lacrosse I hav only seen 1 stick check called up until this year. This year we had at least 12 called and eventually 4 called by us. Most of the stick checks called were not because the team thought the their was an issue with the stick. Most were called because the coach knew his team couldn't win on the field so he thought he would call a stick check and hope for the best. While our team did nothing to avoid the stick checks I saw coaches scream at their players to switch sticks, run off the field with sticks hide sticks when the got to the bench and even ignore the ref while they tried to make changes to the sticks. As a matter of fact when one of the omfll executive went and pulled the illegal stick that had just been hidden by the KW player at the urging of his coach out from under the lawn chair and handed it to the official he was treated like a villain. KW went on to lose the game. After they lost the RIC came out and ruled that the goal scored with the illegal stick would count and the game would have to be replayed from that point. In explaining his decision the RIC indicated that what Joey did was reprehensible (using his name because everyone should know that he stood up for what was right) and what the KW coach did was just good coaching. It was a sad and pathetic display by the KW and London coaches and the referees were unprepared. The stick checks were called frivolously, they were not done the same way twice, they were not done as per the process on the referees website, and when challenged on the process or asked to explain or illustrate the issue they were unable to do so.
In short what happened in Brampton was a farce and needs to be looked at seriously to ensure it never happens again.
Good luck in the future.

Posted on May 25, 2012, 9:23 PM
from IP address 99.245.136.165

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Re: This is why I love the Minor Forum!. davegalt, May 26, 2012, 12:24 PM
    1. Beep, beep, back up the bus. Buckky, May 29, 2012, 10:46 PM

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)