old school

by jjs (Login jjs16)

When I was young.....many years ago, (Whitby was Gerrard Road and Mississauga had 6 separate teams) we had tournaments where all teams entered at the same level. No round robin stage, simply win and go to "A" lose and go to "B". After two losses you are OUT!

This was a bracket system and was generally played at different locations in the province for each age group. I thought this worked very well and the best teams usually rose to the top.

Now that I coach and see what enjoyment all of the players get from participating I kinda like the "new" system. The set up now allows each team at least 3 games and I think is a better way to treat the players, win or lose. The MyLax rating system will work as long as all games are reported and should serve the OLA well moving forward.

Good luck to all teams in the Provincials.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 1:32 PM
from IP address 99.230.206.191

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Re: old school. centre44, Jul 6, 2012, 2:58 PM
    1. my thoughts. Barry trood, Jul 9, 2012, 12:58 PM
      1. Re: my thoughts. xxref, Jul 10, 2012, 12:08 AM
        1. Re: my thoughts. agree, Jul 11, 2012, 4:20 PM
          1. Re: my thoughts. alex, Jul 19, 2012, 7:23 PM

Find more forums on LacrosseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)