my thoughts

by Barry trood (Login rememberourvets)

its 2012 now and trust me when I started up the Caledon Bandits in 1984 ratings were an issue then as they are now. Never a year goes by that a team doesn't slide into a spot that they don't belong in even though all the teams rankings go through their own organization, their Zone, and the ratings committee via OLA. Not sure why it happens but somehow every year it does. One problem at least at the zone level I see is when team scores go through nobody may knows what the circumstances are of the game. For example lets say the Shelburne Midgets are a "C" rated team and are beaten twice by Midland 7-4 and 7-3 who are a "D" rated. Without the gamesheets you may not know that perhaps the Shelburne team only had 8 runners for both those games or that they may have had a Bantam goalie fill in or something there of during both of those losses. Does this mean that Midland should be "C" and Shelburne "D" based on the scores alone? You need the whole story and that is what goes missing in alot in some of these scores. The positive thing is doesn't happen near as much as it use to so were getting better but not perfect yet. By the way our season has got much shorter when I was a PeeWee player I was playing for the Provincial "A" final against Peterboro at Huron Park in Mississauga in September. All the championships games for each age group and division would would be going all weekend long. ie: tyke A, then B then C , Novice A then B etc etc That would be great to see again but killing 2 weekends would probably not go over well these days with parents. It would be fun to watch one championship game after another!

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 12:58 PM
from IP address 206.174.191.183

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Re: my thoughts. xxref, Jul 10, 2012, 12:08 AM
    1. Re: my thoughts. agree, Jul 11, 2012, 4:20 PM
      1. Re: my thoughts. alex, Jul 19, 2012, 7:23 PM

Find more forums on LacrosseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)