Re: Nickel City Shootout (highs and lows)

by lax fan (Login laxwatcher19)

Just to set the record straight for all comments. I never said these boys, or the orangeville team wasn't talented. i did offer my congratulations to the team for their victory. Like I said I thought they were the favourites going in.

For the prior remarks from norsemen and sutton, most teams do tend to have a player who plays over that line and I do understand it comes with the hormonal age group. I played myself and I know there was more than one occasion where I wanted to slap one of my own teammates up the side of the head for doing something stupid. I wasn't offering a scouting report just a comment on how I saw some players conducting themselves and these boys stood out, in my opinion for the wrong reasons. Again not detracting from their talent, just saying they could definitely improve in how they/he represent themselves/himself/their town on the floor.

In retrospect my comment of the running ability was in bad taste so I do detract that. Kudos to him for playing through an injury. I also give credit to the coaches for speaking with these players afterwards. In my opinion it needed to be done.

I didn't make my post to offend, more to bring some things that I think are unfortunate to see in a great sport, and hopefully insight some change. More often than not people tend to be too afraid to say the tough thing and nothing changes, so again I credit the coaches which as was stated did speak to this player/(s) for his/their conduct after the game.

As for laxdad the damage was a broken light fixture in the dressing room area at coniston. I overheard this from one of the arena staff speaking with one of the refs from that weekend. I never saw the damage myself but it was unfortunate to hear.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012, 10:09 PM
from IP address 63.135.13.99

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Understand what was happening. Lax bay, Jul 23, 2012, 11:59 PM

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)