Fan Forums
Senior B - Ontario Field Lacrosse - OLA Unofficial - Masters - Womens
OLA Info - Midget - Akwesasne - BCLA - RMLL
~ Be Nice ~
Click Here If You'd Care To Donate To The Expense Of These Sites.

2011 Tournaments - 2011 Provincials - 2011 Lacrosse Festival - 2011 Team Ontario

found nintendo ds

by lax coach (Login eagles15)

We played on the Hershey Field at 6pm. There was a nintendo ds with several games in the pouch left in the dressing room
after I was the last out I have it in my possesion but will take it to the Hershey Centres lost and found this week. You can pick it up
next Saturday as there is another tourney there this weekend. Sorry that I did not drop off right away but I thought best I take it
as I would do my best to get it back to the rightful owner

Posted on Apr 17, 2011, 12:49 PM
from IP address 173.34.118.65

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Lax Prayers Needed

by Mark W (Login the_laxian)

Hey all, those of you who have seen Frank Lawrence ref in Field and Box - knows what he brings to the table.
At a Jr game the other night in St Kitts, Frank had a severe heart attack. He was taken to Hamilton General Hospital where emergengy heart surgery was performed. At present he is in critical condition.

Keep sending your prayers for a quick and safe recovery.

Mark

Posted on Apr 16, 2011, 7:16 PM
from IP address 24.102.32.34

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Lax Prayers Needed

by PCO6 (Login PCO6)

Very sorry to hear that. Frank has put a lot into the game and I wish him all the best.

Posted on Apr 16, 2011, 11:40 PM
from IP address 99.250.120.36

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Get well soon. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

by tc9lax (Login tc9lax)

Frank was one of the big reasons I stayed in many games in my career. Helped me look at the game a lot different. Get well soon

Posted on Apr 17, 2011, 1:14 PM
from IP address 99.227.235.6

Respond to this message

Return to Index

What a wonderful man

by A (Login analwarts)

Godspeed Frank.

Posted on Apr 17, 2011, 9:34 PM
from IP address 67.70.23.191

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Here's to a quick recovery

by Drawman (Login drawman)

Frank is an ambassador of the game.
His family and lacrosse family can not afford to lose a man of his stature.
Your in OT buddy, time to bring you're top game and pull through this.

Your pal,

Rick Webster

Posted on Apr 18, 2011, 8:23 AM
from IP address 99.227.210.133

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Frank Lawrence

by (Login Laxreff888)

I would like to get the correct news out regarding our friend Frank Lawrence.
He did not have a massive heart attack. He had the aorta rupture. Yes, Frank is still is critical condition at Hamilton General. The family would like to thank everyone for there kind thoughts and emails. At this time, the family is asking for all of us to continue to pray for Frank.

Your's in Lacrosse

Brent McCauley

Posted on Apr 18, 2011, 10:32 AM
from IP address 209.202.84.1

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Frank Lawrence

by Barry Trood (Login rememberourvets)

Our thoughts are with you Frank. As has been said a great guy on and off the floor.

Posted on Apr 24, 2011, 9:34 AM
from IP address 99.239.165.172

Respond to this message

Return to Index

The Toronto Stars Peewee Filed Teams Kicks off the First season this Saturday April 16

by Gary (Login kemplen)

The Toronto Stars Peewee Field team start the first season this Saturday at the Mississauga / Hershey Centre. The boys are really excited about the challenge and I am sure they will not let the coaching staff down.

They have an early start at 8:00 AM vs Newmarket 1, Iceland field 2

They then play at 10:30 vs Peterborough, Iceland field 1

Come out and support the Stars.

Go Stars Go

Posted on Apr 12, 2011, 12:40 PM
from IP address 64.228.156.24

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: The Toronto Stars Peewee Filed Teams Kicks off the First season this Saturday April 16

by (Login 007lax007)

Good luck, Gary!

For some reason, Barrie has been shifted to the West this year, but perhaps we'll face you at Provincials!

Posted on Apr 13, 2011, 12:30 PM
from IP address 67.71.148.47

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Due to Demand - 2 more registration dates for West Durham Lacrosse

by West Durham Minor Lacrosse (Login WestDurhamMinorLacrosse)

There will be two more registration sessions at Don Beer Pad 1 Lobby:

Saturday, April 9 10:00 am - 1:00 pm

Sunday, April 10 11:00 am - 4:00 pm

See you there!!!

Posted on Apr 7, 2011, 11:54 PM
from IP address 99.243.53.69

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Check out the Toronto Stars Website: http://starslacrosse.ca/

by Gary (Login kemplen)

I suggest that you chack out the new Toronto Stars Web site , it has great information and worth the visit

http://starslacrosse.ca/

A couple of key dates:

The Stars Opening Day is April 17th , stay tune the complete schedule to be released shortly.

The Stars also produced their first newslater posted on the website , have a read it is very informative.

Yours in Lacrosse

Posted on Apr 7, 2011, 11:56 AM
from IP address 70.52.174.213

Respond to this message

Return to Index

OLA player certificates, "cards"

by qwikstic (Login qwikstic)

I know there is a move on with some clubs to register players electronically, and not sure if there are still actual paper OLA player certificates behind that process (I'm assuming so), but why does the OLA not combined the two, essentially identical, player certificate forms for minor Box and Field. I'm only guessing that it would cut down on some paperwork, not to mention reduce a bunch of paper, while likely saving money.

Posted on Apr 7, 2011, 11:17 AM
from IP address 72.39.73.192

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Censorship

by Wayne Paddick (Login kwlaxref)

Censoring a forum such as this is never an easy decision for a moderator. Watching two adults verbally duke it out is often humourous and necessary for this forum to continue to generate interest within the OLA world. Folks, we ask that when children are involved, we please use our heads, even if we feel our comments are justified. As Glen and Ron used to say, and now Todd, BE NICE!!!

Todd has worked hard to keep this site afloat and if everyone plays by the rules and abides by the guidlines of fair play, then I can assure you that once Oshawa Minor Lacrosse has cleaned up at the provies this year (lol), Todd will make some necessary improvements to this site come the fall. If we keep poking the bear with a stick, (grrr,) then the likelihood of the site being shut down is a possibility.

Let's all get along in the sand box please!!!

Wayne Paddick

Posted on Apr 5, 2011, 7:02 PM
from IP address 174.88.203.181

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Censorship

by (Login -Shane-)

What if I like throwing sand?

Posted on Apr 6, 2011, 12:14 PM
from IP address 99.230.157.236

Respond to this message

Return to Index

You'll get a time out in the corner? n/m

by Tsitshoh (Login tsitshoh)

Posted on Apr 6, 2011, 3:50 PM
from IP address 74.12.53.168

Respond to this message

Return to Index

St.Catharines Masters Lacrosse League

by (Login laxgole00)

The lacrosse season is fast approaching. Our registration for this season is Saturday April 2nd at the Dog Pound on Merritt St., St. Catharines from 12 noon until 4pm. Attached is the registration form for this year. If you can't make the registration date, please mail the registration form back to me with your cheque.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send me an e-mail.
Please forward the registration form to friends and get the word out to the lacrosse community.

Geoff Crane
St. Catharines Masters Lacrosse

Posted on Apr 1, 2011, 5:40 PM
from IP address 216.121.246.185

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Toronto Stars Fund raising Poker Night April 2 Harmony Hall

by Gary (Login kemplen)

last call for the Stars Poker Night

Toronto Stars Lacrosse is hosting a fund raiser Poker Tournament on April 2nd at Harmony Hall (Dawes & Gower) the price is $60 for entry into the game, along with dinner, door prizes, and a cash bar. There will also be a silent auction, crown & anchor, raffles, toonie toss etc etc.

Prizes for the poker will be cash - amounts to be determined. If you are eliminated in the early rounds, you will have a chance to buy back in, or a top up, but not both.

We are limited to 100 players so get your tickets fast.

Tickets are available from:
Donna Brockerville
Tammy Coates
Brenda Lint
Rick, Dona Lei Fitchet
Ross Greene

You don't have to be an expert poker player, just a wannaabee. We hope we can count in you for your support and hope to see you for this fun filled event

Please let me know if you are interested in attending and I will hold a ticket for you.

dbrockville@sympatico.ca

Posted on Apr 1, 2011, 8:27 AM
from IP address 70.52.173.17

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Decline of Registration for Kids

by FoxLax (Login FoxLax)

How Can the OLA let the Gloucester Lacrosse ***. decline registration for kids wanting to play there national sport in there own association with no reason . Nine kids . The GLA and OLA should Be ashamed of themselves.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011, 2:21 PM
from IP address 192.234.223.100

Return to Index

Re: Decline of Registration for Kids

by GLA1 (Login GLA1)

I can belive it the GLA has been going down hill for the last couple of years .

Posted on Mar 31, 2011, 2:46 PM
from IP address 192.234.223.100

Return to Index

Pointless diatribes!

by Sam Rook (Login HivedOff)

Thanks for posting your ranting complaint but perhaps we could get some information to give more colour to the story other than "9 kids were denied at registration by the evil-doers of Gloucester".

For all we know, the 9 kids were from outside of Gloucester's boundaries and this GLA was perfectly justified in denying their registration without releases.

More details please.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011, 5:00 PM
from IP address 142.245.193.3

Return to Index

Re: Decline of Registration for Kids

by jimbo (Login jimmylax)

im guessing the GLA was justified and probably addressed long standing .... behaviour. Just a guess. Nepean should do the same. I heard that it was 3 families. Good for them for cleaning up the nonsense.

This message has been edited by tsitshoh from IP address 74.12.53.168 on Apr 5, 2011 4:07 PM
This message has been edited by tsitshoh from IP address 74.12.53.168 on Apr 5, 2011 4:05 PM

Posted on Mar 31, 2011, 5:19 PM
from IP address 70.48.55.53

Return to Index

**** PLEASE NOTE *****

She:kon!

I have received some further information about this particular scenario and it appears that there are different outcomes as posted.  In a disucssion with a few parties, I have made some edits based on fair play and reputation.  Sure, we might not know who is involved, but some in the GLA do and it is in the best interests to edit and lock.

I don't like censoring posts since even unflattering opinion could be legitimate material for discussion.  However, since young children are involved, I would prefer to err on the side of caution.

I hope this is acceptable to everyone.

Skennen

...Todd Powless...

Posted on Apr 5, 2011, 4:03 PM
from IP address 74.12.53.168

Return to Index

2011 EDGE 88 Summer Camp Dates Announced!

by (Login Edgelacrosse)

EDGE 88 in continued partnership with Zack Greer are pleased to announce the dates and locations for our 2011 EDGE 88 summer camps!

Edge 88 Mission - provide a high value camp experience that includes top notch coaching, quality drills and instruction, fun and exposure to the field lacrosse game and a one of kind camp experience for the athlete!

2011 EDGE 88 Camp Dates and Locations:

OAKVILLE, ON APPLEBY COLLEGE JULY 11TH-14TH

HAMILTON, ON MOHAWK SPORTS COMPLEX JULY 18TH 21ST

TORONTO, ON CHERRY BEACH FIELDS JULY 25TH- 28TH

HALIFAX, NS BURNSIDE FIELDS AUGUST 15TH 18TH

OTTAWA, ON TRILLIUM FIELDS AUGUST 22ND 25TH

Camp Details:

9am- 4pm Daily

Campers must bring their own lunch

Camp is open to players of ALL AGES

Head Camp Director Zack Greer will be coaching all of our summer camps in 2011, and he'll be bringing along a few of his friends. Current MLL/NLL/NCAA players Joe Walters, Billy Dee Smith, Jordan MacIntosh and Bill Greer will all be featured at an EDGE88 Camp this summer.

Zack Greer is a 4 X All American, and currently holds the NCAA record for most goals and points in a season. Greer currently plays for the MLL Long Island Lizards NLL Edmonton Rush.

For additional camp details, please visit us athttp://www.edge88.com/

Early bird pricing available until MAY 1st 2011! Sign up NOW to secure your spot at camp with Zack Greer and EDGE 88!

To register online today for one of our upcoming camps, please visithttp://www.edge88.com/camps.php

Posted on Mar 30, 2011, 4:06 PM
from IP address 70.55.218.51

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Welland Raiders Girls Lacrosse

by (Login girlslax)

Welland Raiders Minor Lacrosse is happy to announce they are holding registrations for a Girls U19 Field team and a Girls Midget/Intermediate Box Team for the 2011 Season.

Registration will be held at Ecole Du Sacre Coeur, 310 Fitch Street, Welland on:

Saturday April 2nd 12:00pm 3:00pm
Sunday April 3rd 12:00pm 3:00pm
Wednesday April 6th 6:00pm 8:00pm
Thursday April 7th 6:00pm 8:00pm

Visit the Association Website
www.wellandraiderslacrosse.ca
for more information

Posted on Mar 29, 2011, 11:43 PM
from IP address 76.64.217.95

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Barrie South Simcoe Minor Lacrosse - Registration and Intro Clinics on Sunday!

by (Login 007lax007)

Lacrosse season is almost here!

BSSMLA will be holding a registration day, along with clinics for new and returning players this Sunday, March 27th at the Lampman Lane Community Centre.

Please visithttp://www.tornadolacrosse.com/clinics.html for more information on tomorrow's session.

New and returning players are welcome. This is a great chance to try lacrosse for the first time, or for experienced players to get in a pre-season work-out.

Please e-mail tornadolacrosse@rogers.com if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 26, 2011, 9:02 PM
from IP address 70.27.234.103

Respond to this message

Return to Index

registration and prac info SPARTAN INT LACROSSE

by spartan int lacrosse (Login cloveronback)

good day all spartan int lacrosse will hold a reg and prac session on thur april 14.. 7 45 pm for reg and we are on thefloor from 830 to 930 we are at merritton arena anyone interested in playing come on out .......

Posted on Mar 26, 2011, 3:58 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.77

Respond to this message

Return to Index

West Durham Minor Lacrosse FINAL REGISTRATION

by West Durham Minor Lacrosse (Login WDMLA)

West Durham Minor Lacrosse
Final Registration
Sunday, March 27
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Don Beer Arena, Pad 1 lobby

Posted on Mar 23, 2011, 10:02 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.80

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Final Registration for Arthur Minor Lacrosse this Saturday

by (Login 44hawks)

Final registration takes place this Saturday, March 26th, from 10-2 at the ACC - get registered on time and save the late fee! First practices for all teams is on Saturday, April 2nd. Players trying to register late may be out of luck for a place on a team as they are filling up fast.

Posted on Mar 21, 2011, 8:01 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.78

Respond to this message

Return to Index

girl goalie

by REZCHEIF (Login bla8989)

WELLAND'S TYKE GIRL GOALIE, WHO HAD WON THEM TOURNEY'S AND A ZONE 9 CHAMPIONSHIP, APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN REPLACED AFTER A VERBAL SPAT DURING HOCKEY AAA (YES SHE IS AN AAA GOALIE AS WELL) AFTER COMMENTS FROM THE MANAGER WERE OVERHEARD BY THE GOALIES FATHER. THE LAX COACH IS ONE OF THE AAA COACHES AND BECAME OFFENDED AND HAS HIS NOSE BENT OUT OF JOINT..TO BAD HE DOESNT HAVE THE BALLS TO CONFRONT THE FATHER, WHOS A NICE GUY, WITH A GOOD HEART, THOUGH HE IS A BIG BOY WITH A MEAN REPUTATION FOR TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORNS. ITS PRETTY BAD WE HEAR ABOUT THIS STUFF AT THE I.L.A. IF ONLY SHE WAS NATIVE......................................................................HER LACROSSE SKILLS WOULD BE ATTRIBUTED TO GOOD BREEDING, AND A NICE LITTLE GIRL SO I HAVE BEEN TOLD, SHE EVEN PLAYED U-15 FIELD FOR THE A'S AS AN 8 YEAR OLD

Posted on Mar 20, 2011, 11:35 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.92

Return to Index

well.....

by jimbo (Login jimmylax)

dad...how about you stop "yelling"....take off the tin foil hat and get a grip

Posted on Mar 21, 2011, 7:48 AM
from IP address 199.27.130.99

Return to Index

This post should be removed. (nm)

by Jim (Login 007lax007)

Posted on Mar 21, 2011, 12:00 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.83

Return to Index

Re: girl goalie

by laxref23 (Login laxref23)

Wow! ----, you need to stop and think of what you're doing to your kids. Pretty soon they won't have a place to play if you keep this crap up. First St. Catharines' field program kicks you out. Then a mutual decision to part ways with the Hamilton field program. Now, your daughter can't even play in her own hometown? Seems like the common denominator is you!

This message has been edited by tsitshoh from IP address 199.27.130.214 on Mar 22, 2011 7:17 AM

Posted on Mar 21, 2011, 8:21 PM
from IP address 199.27.130.184

Return to Index

goalie girl

by 91 minto (Login 91minto)

first if someone made comments about your daughter you would react, i am fully aware who laxref23 is..................they left the athletics after their son was assaulted from a coach, police report was done in guelph, and they the parents kept it low profile to avoid press coverage knocking the lax in whole. the father is a nice guy, you should be more worried about the lil girls uncle, ------ from 91 minto cup champs, hes the hot one. shes a great goalie, i just watched her in steenhuis's camp shes amazing at her age, no coach would cut her, or risk being criticized. these parents are low key, the father is a quiet guy, but hes a bigboy in size, so hes a easy target, they give a lot of donation to teams in sponsorships, tourneys, etc because they can afford it. i have no idea what happened in AAA hockey, probably a comment about the lil girl playing with the boys or her not belonging their. the AAA coach knows his ****, so if he signed her, he saw something. they left hamilton after thier middle child had a dispute with anpother team mate, they obviously avoid confrontation, this family has their boys playing in the U>S> field program, and they have done well their. i do not know the parents very well, just from the arena, i do know the lil girls uncle ----- -----, hes the one not to piss off. so at the end of the day laxref23, be nice in your posting. shes a really cute lil girl and a helluva athlete, with her talent and her parents bottomless pockets this girl will get the best of everything in terms of camps/clinics............

so look for the girl goalie from welland, and her dad will be the father watching her intently, hes a very proud dad....and her uncle there as well, along with her brothers. keep up the good work jordan

This message has been edited by tsitshoh from IP address 199.27.130.214 on Mar 22, 2011 7:18 AM

Posted on Mar 21, 2011, 11:39 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.92

Return to Index

Be Nice

Locking this thread down because it doesn't really add to lacrosse very much.  Minor lacrosse politics, nobody likes it.  Talk about that instead.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Posted on Mar 22, 2011, 7:15 AM
from IP address 199.27.130.214

Return to Index

Oshawa Minor Lacrosse - Final Registration Weekend

by Todd Powless (Login tsitshoh)

The Oshawa "Blue Knights" Minor Lacrosse Association is holding their final registration this weekend at both Legends and Harman Park.

Mar. 19 at Legends  - Mar. 19 at Harman Park

Mar. 20 at Legends - Mar. 20 at Harman Park

All sessions run from 10 AM to 3 PM at both venues.  Debit will be available at the Harman Park location.

For more information please visit the Oshawa Minor Lacrosse Association website.

On behalf of the Oshawa Blue Knights MLA, I would also like to take the opportunity now to gratefully thank the Whitby Warriors, Toronto Beaches and Uxbridge Enforcers minor lacrosse associations for their kind and very generous support in helping us get this whole thing going.

I will tell you something all you OLA Fan Forumers out there - growing lacrosse is easy when you have organizations like Whitby, Beaches and Uxbridge helping you out.  Completely outstanding generosity and assistance that will never be forgotten. 

Thanks folks and have the best season ever!

Todd Powless,
Executive VP
OMLA Blue Knights

This message has been edited by tsitshoh from IP address 199.27.130.182 on Mar 18, 2011 9:16 AM

Posted on Mar 18, 2011, 9:16 AM
from IP address 199.27.130.182

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Oshawa Minor Lacrosse - Final Registration Weekend

by Monk1e (Login Monk1e)

Clarington?

Posted on Mar 24, 2011, 2:14 AM
from IP address 199.27.129.85

Respond to this message

Return to Index

LOL...

by 80's Ball Boy (Login 80sballboy)

I was waiting for that question to arise.

I doubt you'll get a response from the OMLA... not because they're ignoring you, but because they have class. My mother always said "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".

You better ask Clarington...

Posted on Mar 24, 2011, 5:10 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.184

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Toronto Stars Fund raising Poker Night April 2 Harmony Hall

by Gary (Login kemplen)

Toronto Stars Lacrosse is hosting a fund raiser Poker Tournament on April 2nd at Harmony Hall (Dawes & Gower) the price is $60 for entry into the game, along with dinner, door prizes, and a cash bar. There will also be a silent auction, crown & anchor, raffles, toonie toss etc etc.

Prizes for the poker will be cash - amounts to be determined. If you are eliminated in the early rounds, you will have a chance to buy back in, or a top up, but not both.

We are limited to 100 players so get your tickets fast.

Tickets are available from:
Donna Brockerville
Tammy Coates
Brenda Lint
Rick, Dona Lei Fitchet
Ross Greene

You don't have to be an expert poker player, just a wannaabee. We hope we can count in you for your support and hope to see you for this fun filled event

Please let me know if you are interested in attending and I will hold a ticket for you.

dbrockville@sympatico.ca

Posted on Mar 16, 2011, 11:36 AM
from IP address 199.27.129.99

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Legal and Illegal Lacrosse Masks?

by JerRL (Login JerRL)

Could anyone give me some insight on which Minor Box Lacrosse masks will be legal and illegal this year?

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 15, 2011, 3:23 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.228

Respond to this message

Return to Index

and gloves...what's legal?

by neverlaxed (Login neverlaxed)

last years provincials saw a number of players having to change gloves.

Posted on Mar 16, 2011, 9:28 AM
from IP address 199.27.129.126

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Legal Gloves

by (Login JerRL)

In Box Lacrosse all players are required to wear protective gloves, which meet the following requirements:

A) Must conform to hand
B) All gloves must have cloth or leather covering
C) All protective materials (ie: plastic or rubber) must be under the covering with no additional attachments
D) The players entire finger must be encased within the finger of the glove
E) Gloves cannot be altered in any way

Posted on Mar 16, 2011, 12:41 PM
from IP address 199.27.130.79

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Canadians in the NCAA - Week 6

by (Login marksy)

http://lacrosseinsidethegame.com/2011/03/14/canadians-in-the-ncaa-%e2%80%93-week-6/

Posted on Mar 14, 2011, 10:30 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.227

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Minor goalie equipment sizing

by steveooo (Login steveooo)

Anyone know what the goalie equipment criteria is this year for minor? Is it the number system or conformity or something else? What if your kid is big for his age? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Mar 14, 2011, 7:51 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.200

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Minor goalie equipment sizing

by verno316 (Login verno316)

I had to look into this. This year the rules are still conformity. Next year its the numbering system, with no exceptions. So if you have a big kid, next year they either have to wear equipment that is too small for them, or they don't play. Hopefully the OLA becomes a bit more reasonable next year.

Posted on Apr 15, 2011, 2:42 AM
from IP address 66.163.5.113

Respond to this message

Return to Index

FINAL REGISTRATION - ST CATHARINES MINOR LACROSSE

by lax_blue (Login lax_blue)

The final registration for St Catharines Minor Lacrosse will be held Saturday March 26th from 10 to 3 at Holy Cross School, Linwell Rd, St Catharines.

Anyone wishing to play field for the 2011 season, MUST register by March 26, 2011.

Please visit www.scmla.ca for more information.

Posted on Mar 14, 2011, 1:10 PM
from IP address 199.27.129.119

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Lax Swap - Buy and Sell Lacrosse Gear

by (Login marksy)

It's that time of year again where everyone is sizing up their kids for the coming season. Why buy brand new, when you can check out the Lax Swap area at LITG to buy and sell your items. All items, all ages, even all locations.

New for this season, anyone looking for an item, send me your request and I will post it for free. If a potential seller is out there, maybe it will get them off their (you know what's) and help you out. Requests for items are free....only sellers pay a small fee.

http://lacrosseinsidethegame.com/lax-swap/

Posted on Mar 14, 2011, 10:41 AM
from IP address 199.27.129.227

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Class 2 Boddam Leg and Chest Box Lax for sale

by (Login edge313)

For sale ,
Class 2 Boddam Legs (black) and Chest protector (gold and black).
Wanted,
Class 3 legs and chest prefer Boddam
Call 416 238 7658

Posted on Apr 5, 2011, 8:47 AM
from IP address 24.235.225.53

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Calgary Canada Day Tourney

by (Login ipartner48)

Dates are July 1st, 2nd and 3rd

We have one and only one spot left in Novice A (rep) plus still looking for peewee, bantam and midget female teams to come our way.

New this year is the Teams Skill Challenge - representatives from your team will compete in the following events:
- mechanical bull riding
- bungee run
- gladiator jousting
- radar gun competition
- Top Shot hockey (modified for lacrosse)

Email Ernie at ipartner48@gmail.com or call 403-938-5729

Posted on Mar 9, 2011, 7:25 PM
from IP address 69.31.199.78

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Canadians In the NCAA - Week 5

by Gary Mark (Login marksy)

http://lacrosseinsidethegame.com/2011/03/09/canadians-in-the-ncaa-%e2%80%93-week-5/

Posted on Mar 9, 2011, 4:56 PM
from IP address 99.239.177.213

Respond to this message

Return to Index

2011 Tournament Listing is Up

by (Login 007lax007)

http://www.ontariolacrosse.com/content/pdf/2011APPROVEDTOURNAMENTS.pdf

Posted on Mar 8, 2011, 7:53 PM
from IP address 174.89.62.47

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Oakville Hawks rep program looking for 3 more coaches..

by tbone16 (Login tbone16)

Due to strong registration numbers, the Oakville Hawks rep program anticipates fielding the following box teams, who are currently still looking for a coach: Intermediate 2, Bantam 3, Peewee 3. Perhaps you are interested in helping out this way, or know someone that might be interested. Please direct all enquiries to Oakville Lacrosse President Mike Varanesi, he can be reached from the contact page at www.oakvillelacrosse.com.

Thanks for spreading the word and we hope we can see a few more Hawks experience the fun of rep box.

Posted on Mar 8, 2011, 6:42 PM
from IP address 24.150.223.103

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Calling all Elite U18 Players

by Evolve Elite (Login EvolveLax)

Evolve Elite Lacrosse is finalizing our U18 Roster for the 2011 Season. We have a solid core group of elite players, but do not want to miss any players who may be interested in participating in our program. Please send an email to evolveelitelacrosse@rogers.com and provide a short playing background and coach reference. Many of our players have been hand picked through our recruiting process. However, we do recognize that we may have missed potentional athletes that may be a great fit for the program. Before we finalize our roster we would like to hear from those who believe they would a great fit for Evolve Elite U18 and interested in getting to the next step in their lacrosse careers. Evolve Elite U18 will play in 3 of the top ranked USA recruiting tournaments in 2011. For more information check out http://www.triumphlax.com/evolve/

Posted on Mar 7, 2011, 2:22 PM
from IP address 142.143.175.67

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Lacrosse Day in Canada

by (Login Zacher)

Greetings,

In conjunction with our 4th annual Determined to Oppose Violence Everywhere (DOVE) charity marathon game, we have launched a challenge to all associations, groups and individuals to answer our rally cry to celebrate Saturday June 11th, 2011 as Lacrosse Day in Canada. Our dream is to encourage as many lacrosse games to be played to celebrate the "fastest game on two feet" while raising funds for a local charity or organization in that community.

We have everything you need to get started! It would be great to an your group to our growing list of campaigns and partners. Please help spread the word! This is something which will benefit both the sport of lacrosse along with the community itself.

We have three and half months before our official face-off!

If you have any questions, please drop me an email.

Cheers,

Jim Zacher
Head Lackey - www.lacrossedayincanada.ca
Bottle Washer - www.laxdove.ca
Busboy - www.amll.ca

Posted on Mar 6, 2011, 3:42 PM
from IP address 70.26.65.183

Respond to this message

Return to Index

TODAY!!!

by LaxHogs (Login LaxHogs)

Your are invited to:

LAXHOGS FIELD LACROSSE INFORMATION SESSIONS

We are embarking on a New and Exciting Lacrosse Venture. In collaboration with Puckhogs Hockey Training Center in Pickering, Ontario, we have Field Lacrosse Teams called LAXHOGS. LaxHogs will be a “Travel Team” that enters field lacrosse tournaments in the United States.

SUNDAY MARCH 6 10 TO 12pm

Sessions will be held at:
Puckhogs Hockey Training Center
813 Brock Rd. S Unit 3.
Pickering, Ontario
L1W-3L8

RSVP – Mary Neto 905-250-0730

Posted on Mar 6, 2011, 8:09 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

LITG March Break Lacrosse Camp

by Gary Mark (Login marksy)

http://lacrosseinsidethegame.com/2011/03/03/march-break-lacrosse-camp/

Posted on Mar 3, 2011, 10:19 AM
from IP address 99.239.177.213

Respond to this message

Return to Index

LAX March Break

by Harvey (Login Jersey88)

Any training happening in the Newmarket/Aurora/Vaughan areas over March Break?

Tyke Level

Posted on Mar 2, 2011, 2:32 PM
from IP address 207.35.67.130

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Evolve Lax Camp

by Evolve (Login EvolveLax)

Yes Downsview Park the Hanger - Evolve Elite Lacrosse is hosting a 1 day camp for box and field.http://triumphlax.com/evolve/

Posted on Mar 8, 2011, 11:57 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled

by (Login ProspectConnect)

Hello Lacrosse players and parents.

Just a quick note to Lacrosse players and parents to invite you to create a free sports profile for yourself or your child.

All you have to do is fill out the profile information and we will build the profile for you.

We also offer platinum profiles, or can create your child an entire website to help them promote themselves.

Any athletes are welcome!

check us out!
www.prospectconnect.ca

Best Regards!

Posted on Feb 28, 2011, 10:32 AM
from IP address 173.238.190.17

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Your are invited to INFO SESSION

by LAXHOGS LACROSSE (Login LaxHogs)

Your are invited to:

LAXHOGS FIELD LACROSSE INFORMATION SESSIONS

We are embarking on a New and Exciting Lacrosse Venture. In collaboration with Puckhogs Hockey Training Center in Pickering, Ontario, we have Field Lacrosse Teams called LAXHOGS. LaxHogs will be a “Travel Team” that enters field lacrosse tournaments in the United States.

MONDAY FEBRUARY 28TH 7 TO 9PM

SUNDAY MARCH 6 10 TO 12pm

Sessions will be held at:
Puckhogs Hockey Training Center
813 Brock Rd. S Unit 3.
Pickering, Ontario
L1W-3L8

RSVP – Mary Neto 905-250-0730

Posted on Feb 27, 2011, 12:03 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Run today @ Cardinal Carter

by Newmarket Saints (Login wrd81)

Reminder to all Newmarket Saints are running again this aft. Sat Feb 26th from 4:15 - 6:15 at Cardinal Carter in Aurora

Posted on Feb 26, 2011, 12:10 PM
from IP address 173.32.104.231

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Evolve Elite Lacrosse March Break Tryout Prep Camp - Register NOW

by Evolve (Login EvolveLax)

Evolve Elite Lacrosse is offering a one day box and field lacrosse prep camp on March 16 at Downsview Park "The Hanger" for players Tyke - Peewee.

Come and experience a dynamic day of instruction by our Pro Staff that include All-Stars John Grant Jr and Tracey Kelusky.

The Camp will include a half day of box lacrosse and a half day of field lacrosse training.

Evaluators will also be present so players can showcase their talents for future Evolve Elite Elite Team programs.

Camp Fee is $75.00

Camp will run from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Register by emailing Evolveelitelacrosse@rogers.com

Website -http://triumphlax.com/evolve/

Posted on Feb 25, 2011, 12:22 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

West Durham Minor Lacrosse Registration This Weekend

by WDMLA (Login WDMLRepDirector)

Ajax Community Center
Between Pad 3 and 4
75 Centennial Road
Saturday February 26th and Sunday February 27th
From 9am to 2pm

For more information visit our Website www.westdurhamlacrosse.com

Posted on Feb 25, 2011, 10:26 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

tournament listing

by ryro0810 (Login ryro0810)

when does the 2011 minor lacrosse tournament listing actually go up on the website??? its almost march and teams would like to plan tournaments for the summer to make sure they don't schedule into any conflicts such as the edge and summer vacations...........let's get the listing up or can someone at least tell me where to find it - thanks bunches

Posted on Feb 25, 2011, 9:27 AM
from IP address 74.198.87.20

Respond to this message

Return to Index

After the SAGM

Usually something comes out after the SAGM which is next weekend.  However...

Unless you are relatively new to OLA minor lacrosse, you can take a look at last year's list and pretty well figure out which tournaments are going to be when.  Most of them tend to stick to the same time period and should give you a decent idea as to when they will be this year.  Not bullet proof, but for making rep plans at the beginning of March, still kind of useful.  There might be a few changes here or there, but there are tournaments on practically every weekend until the end of July.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Posted on Feb 25, 2011, 1:28 PM
from IP address 198.103.152.51

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Markham Minor Lacrosse Registration

by (Login mmla)

Markham Minor Lacrosse registration this coming weekend
Hillcrest Mall, Centre Court
16th and Yonge, Richmond Hill

Saturday Feb 26, 2011

Sunday Feb 27, 2011

11 am to 3 pm

pls visit www.markhamlacrosse.com
or email info@markhamlacrosse.com

Posted on Feb 23, 2011, 7:19 PM
from IP address 99.254.146.71

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Tuesday Night at the SocccerPlex-toronto Stars lacroose Clinic

by Gary (Login kemplen)

On a very cold Tuesday night just after six p.m. I dropped by the SoccerPlex at 101 Railside Road just off of Lawrence Avenue East just one stop light east of the Don Valley Parkway. Inside the Soccerplex there were four indoor fields , three of the had soccer teams practicing on them 10 to 15 players on each field and on the fourth field there were to my amazement 60 or more lacrosse players. All ages , all sizes from 6 to 16 both girls and boys all practicing together it was really quite a site. I wish we could post pictures on this website , it is hard for me to describe the reality of all these lacrosse players enjoying the game they love. One thing a picture would show is the smile on each of the players face. A site like this brings back fond memories for me a man in the twilight of life an what lacrosse meant to me when I was 9 or 10.

I got a chance to talk to Rick Fitchett the President of the Toronto Stars about their indoor clinic's. They started on the 8th of February and they had no less than 40 players at each session from 6 pm to 8 pm each tuesday.The cost is $7 dollars and if a player does not have a stick they will provide one. Gloves and helmets are required for safety reasons. These weekly sessions will go until the 12th of April. If you live in the North York or Scarborough these sessions are well worth the admission and a great way to introduce your son or daughter to the game of lacrosse.

Yours in lacrosse

Posted on Feb 22, 2011, 8:20 PM
from IP address 76.64.21.8

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Super Series XXXIV

by white cane (Login white_cane)

Super Series XXXIV is scheduled for July 1-3 in the Hammer!

Please see http://hamiltonlacrosse.com/page.php?page_id=13338

or visit www.hamiltonlacrosse.com for details and updates.

See you at the rinks!

Posted on Feb 21, 2011, 10:39 AM
from IP address 207.210.24.220

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Winter Clinics Toronto Stars Lacrosse

by (Login kemplen)

LACROSSE CLINICS

Toronto SoccerPlex: 101 Railside Rd

Every Tuesday 6PM to 8PM

til Tuesday April 12th (FINAL WEEK)

$7.00/player

Everyone welsome gloves and helmets are required loaner sticks available

Come out and try the fastest sport on two feet

Posted on Feb 19, 2011, 5:13 PM
from IP address 70.52.174.224

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Toronto Stars Registration Continues

by Gary (Login kemplen)

Registration

Tuesday, February 22nd
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM

* Girls Field Lacrosse Registration Available on this date
Centennial Arena

Saturday, March 5th
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Heron Park Arena

Sunday, March 13th
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

More locations and dates to follow asap.

What you need to register:

- Photocopy of the player's birth certificate

- Payment accepted: cash, cheque,
Master Card, Visa & American Express

Posted on Feb 19, 2011, 5:10 PM
from IP address 70.52.174.224

Respond to this message

Return to Index

DMLL SUMMER LACROSSE PROGRAM 2011-REGISTRATION-

by (Login DurLaxClub)

****Durham Masters Lacrosse Leagues-DMLL SUMMER LACROSSE PROGRAM 2011 ****
Registration will be THURSDAY MARCH 10, 2011 & THURSDAY MARCH 24, 2011 from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm at WISC DOME IN WHITBY.

The 2011 season starts April 18th, 2011 and runs into August. All Games are played at Iroquois Park Arena. The league is opened to players aged 15 yrs and up. This recreational lacrosse league is non-contact and follows Masters Lacrosse rules. For further info visit WWW.DMLLLAX.CA

Posted on Feb 19, 2011, 1:19 PM
from IP address 192.197.54.136

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Goalie Equipment

by Mike (Login wrd81)

Used goalie equipment for sale including Boddam XL Signature Series uppers, Boddam XL 9 inch straight leg pads, STX XL goalie pants and 1 pair of Eagle goalie gloves. If interested call 416 931 6397.

Posted on Feb 18, 2011, 11:53 PM
from IP address 173.32.106.132

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Goalie Equipment

by 27 mark27 (Login 27mark27)

What cat would they be?

Posted on Feb 19, 2011, 2:37 PM
from IP address 69.158.114.30

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Cat #3

by mike (Login wrd81)

nm

Posted on Feb 19, 2011, 3:30 PM
from IP address 173.32.106.132

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Goalie equipment

by (Login grumpyoldone)

Is this still available

Posted on Mar 13, 2011, 10:22 AM
from IP address 199.27.129.216

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Still available?

by (Login mcdoshawi)

Your Boddam XL Signature Series uppers and Boddam XL 9 inch straight leg pads still available?
Can you send pic?

Posted on Mar 28, 2011, 10:23 AM
from IP address 70.53.183.81

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Oshawa Minor Lacrosse Association - Bulletin

by Todd Powless (Login tsitshoh)

BULLETIN - Please Note: - due to the incredible response, we have had to add a few registration venues to our schedule to accomodate the popular demand! - we have added 2 new locations & the revised Registration details are as follows:

Feb. 19 & 20 at Childrens' & Harman Park

Mar. 19 & 20 at Legends & Harman Park

(All sessions run from 10am to 3pm at all venues)

Please also  note that registration payment can be made by cash, cheque or credit card.  Debit will be available at Childrens' Arena on Feb. 19th & 20th.  Cheques should be made out to: Oshawa Minor Lacrosse Association.  Go Blue Knights Go!

Posted on Feb 17, 2011, 10:57 AM
from IP address 74.12.42.126

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Arthur Aces Lacrosse Registration Dates

by (Login 44hawks)

Upcoming lacrosse registrations at the Arthur Arena - Saturday, February 26th, 10-2, Wednesday, March 9th, 7-9, and Saturday, March 26th, from 10-2. Details are on our website, www.arthurminorlacrosse.com .

Posted on Feb 15, 2011, 8:15 PM
from IP address 74.198.87.52

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Calgary Canada Day tournament

by (Login ipartner48)

Dates this year are July 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

We have limited spots available - looking for a novice A, peewee A, peewee girls, bantam girls and midget girls team.

If interested, please email Ernie at ipartner48@gmail.com

Posted on Feb 15, 2011, 9:17 AM
from IP address 69.31.199.78

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Shelburne Vets Minor Lacrosse Sign up

by Barry Trood (Login rememberourvets)

Shelburne Vets Minor Lacrosse Registration Dates

at Shelburne Arena :: Feb., 16th (6-9pm)
Mar., 16th (6-9pm)
at Dundalk Arena :: Feb., 24th (6-9pm)
Mar., 21st (6-9pm)

Little Heros House League(paperweight) : 4,5, and 6 .....$74 (includes free lacrosse stick to new players)

Tyke- Novice House League: ages (7-10)......$115

Zone 4 rep- PeeWee- Midget: ages (11-16)....$175

Please add a $25 Fundraising fee per family. You sell the tickets and you keep the money.

Posted on Feb 13, 2011, 4:26 PM
from IP address 64.235.108.16

Respond to this message

Return to Index

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Tyke: Whitby (A), Oshawa (B), Barrie (C), Stars (D), Windsor (E)
Novice: Mimico (A), Innisfil (B), Orillia (C), Wallaceburg (D), Kawartha Lakes (E) Nepean (F)
Peewee: Whitby (A), Wallaceburg (B), Cambridge (C), Huntsville (D), London (E) NOTL (F)
Bantam: St. Catharines (A), Owen Sound (B), Oakville (C), Wallaceburg (D) Nepean (E)
Midget: Orangeville (A), Owen Sound (B), Cornwall (C), Orangeville (D)
Intermediate: Beaches (A), Six Nations (B), Sudbury (C)
Bantam Girls: Centre Wellington (A), Six Nations (B), Sarnia (C)
Midget Girls: Whitby (A), Hamilton (B), Sarnia (C)
Intermediate Girls: Whitby (A), NOTL (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)