Return to Index  

Speakeasy Vintage Preamps

October 6 2003 at 2:24 AM
No score for this post
b3burner  (Login b3burner)

I am not a spokesman for this company or product. Just a very satisfied customer who wants to share the joy.

When I'm not playing my chopped Hammond Organ (for obvious space and weight reasons), I rely on my digital Roland VK-7 Organ "clone".

If others of you have used similar keyboards, you've probably noticed the lack of even equilization of bass vs. treble at the different octaves. In other words, the middle octaves sound the most accurate to a real B3, but the low end lacks punch and "balls", and the high end is too shrill and tinney.

A Speakeasy Preamp is a tube preamp modeled after the original AO-28 preamp that was placed inside the original Hammond Organs. It has 1/4 inch input and output allowing you to hook it up to a digital keyboard, thereby giving it the warmer, mellower, ballsier sound of its analog ancestors.

The price isn't cheap, but the results are astoundingly noticable. This gadget will literally breathe new life into your digital rig, and leave your band's guitarist staring down at his stomp box saying, "Hmmmmphh!!....Why can't I get that good a sound out of my rig?"

Again, I'm no salesman, just a spreader of joy and an avid Jon Lord fan. If I post no other product review, or say nothing else of importance on this tech board, I at least wanted to share this with all of you.

The website if you want more info on this product is www.speakeasyvintagemusic.com

And I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks, John O'Flaherty (b3 burner)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on MusicCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement